Graduate Software Sales Representative
Johannesburg, South AfricaJob ID 2019252
Take charge of your future and join our dynamic, motivated sales team as we go to market with a best-in-class portfolio that will help shape the world’s software landscape. Field Sales Account Specialists determine the long-term strategic view and vision of each account. You will drive the sales pursuit across our portfolio of market leading customers who look to Micro Focus Software solutions to bridge their old and new technologies to solve strategic business issues.
- Full Time
- Level: Mid
- Travel: Yes (frequent)
What makes a successful Field Sales Account Specialist at Micro Focus? Check out the top traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix. Additional related traits listed below.
- Relationship expertise
- Results Driven
- Problem Solver
Paid Time Off
Work Life Balance
Employee Stock Purchase Plan
Graduate Software Sales Representative
At Micro Focus, everything we do is based on a simple idea: The fastest way to get results is to build on what you have. Our software solutions enable organizations to do just that. Secure and scalable, with analytics built in, they bridge the gap between existing and emerging IT—fast-tracking digital transformations across DevOps, Hybrid IT, Security, and Predictive Analytics. In the race to innovate, Micro Focus customers have the clear advantage.
Take charge of your future and join our dynamic, motivated Sales team as we go to market with a best-in-class portfolio that will help shape the world’s software landscape.
As a Graduate Sales Representative, you will join a global software industry-leading organization in a very dynamic technology sales function and, together with the sales team, you will be at the forefront of shaping our future success.
By receiving on the job training and guidance from top class account executives and sales managers you will directly engage in:
> Building relationships with existing and new customers,
> Promoting the value proposition and benefits of our product portfolio
> Hunting for sales opportunities and expanding our market share.
You will have account responsibility, close sales deals on assigned products and services, and generate leads for other sales representatives.
Working as a winning team with other sales representatives, you will drive marketing programs & sales initiatives resulting in incremental revenue. As a valued team member, you will have the opportunity to share your insights and perspective, making a real high impact contribution to our business while in parallel you will have the chance to fast track your career into other challenging roles.
- Provide sales support to assigned accounts
- Assist with project management, pricing, and follow-up calls, as needed, based on basic understanding of business and technical matters
- Consistently meet or exceed revenue targets, cross sell and/or upsell the portfolio, meet territory coverage goals, and achieve KPIs
- Develop strong professional working relationships with customers, partners, and colleagues
- Understand the customer’s key drivers from both business and IT perspectives, and develop relevant solutions to meet customer needs
- Develop and manage accurate sales pipeline information, ensuring timely communication of forecast and accurate changes to customer buying plans, while achieving sales management goals
- Proactively inform the customer of new product roadmaps, proposing upgrades and transition paths
- Adhere to internal customer relations management system guidelines to ensure accurate data capturing and reporting
Education and Experience Required
- The successful candidate will hold a University degree in business IT or related discipline
- Customer facing / sales experience & extra curricula activities; (charities, voluntary work etc.) will be considered advantageous
- Passion for sales & technology is a must
Knowledge and Skills
- Fast learner with strong team-work spirit & positive thinking attitude
- Flexible to learn and develop new skills, competencies, and technical acumen
- Proactive with strong results orientation
- Ambitious, self-starter with future leadership potential
- Understanding of basic negotiation skills - able to balance risk and opportunity
- Solid communication, presentation, and time management skills.
- Ability to perform in a fast-paced, demanding environment
Micro Focus Named a Leader in Gartner’s 2018 Magic Quadrant for Application Security Testing
Company Assessment Based on its Ability to Execute and Completeness of Vision
Meeting the Challenges of Change – the Micro Focus Timeline
It's a fast moving world, standing still is a step backwards and evolution is about keeping pace with change. The Micro Focus strategy of evolution through selective acquisitions, ensures we will continue to enable our customers to meet the Challenges of Change.
About our Location
Find out what it’s like to live and work in Johannesburg.View our Location