Vertica Sales Engineer, Big Data Products
Primary Location: Arlington, Virginia
- Georgia,United States of America
- Illinois,United States of America
- Massachusetts,United States of America
- New York,United States of America
- North Carolina,United States of America
- Pennsylvania,United States of America
- South Carolina,United States of America
Take charge of your future and join our dynamic, motivated sales team as we go to market with a best-in-class portfolio that will help shape the world’s software landscape. Presales Consultants use their technical expertise and relationship skills to define, develop & support the sales pursuit with our account teams across our extensive list of market leading customers. You will drive the long term success for our customers by leveraging the rich portfolio of Micro Focus solutions, bridging old and new technologies to solve strategic business issues.
- Level: Mid
- Travel: Yes (frequent)
What makes a successful Presales Consultant at Micro Focus? Check out the top traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix. Additional related traits listed below.
- Technologically savvy
Paid Time Off
Work Life Balance
Employee Stock Purchase Plan
PRESALES ENGINEER, BIG DATA PRODUCTS
At Micro Focus, everything we do is based on a simple idea: The fastest way to get results is to build on what you have. Our software solutions enable organizations to do just that. Secure and scalable, with analytics built in, they bridge the gap between existing and emerging IT—fast-tracking digital transformations across DevOps, Hybrid IT, Security, and Predictive Analytics. In the race to innovate, Micro Focus customers have the clear advantage.
Our portfolio spans the following areas:
DevOps | IT Operations| Cloud | Security | Info Governance | Big Data, Machine Learning, & Analytics
Are you a data rockstar? Do you want to work with the world's best data analytics platform founded by Turing Award winner Dr. Michael Stonebraker with customers such as Uber, AT&T, Cerner, Dreamworks, and Intuit?
Join our sales engineering team responsible for breaking down the technical barriers for adopting the Vertica platform and focused on being the trusted adviser to our customers.
You are a self-starter and a go-getter.
You love solving challenging data, analytics, or machine learning problems in an extremely demanding customer facing position.
You will partner with a world class sales and engineering team and make an immediate impact.
You will be a hands-on customer facing technologist and not just be slinging slideware.
- Communicate and demonstrate the Vertica story, vision, and technology to prospects and customers
- Work hands-on with prospects and customers to show business value throughout the sales cycle, from demo to proof of concept to solution architecture to customer success
- Continuously learn quickly evolving technologies such as Hadoop, Spark, Cloud (AWS, Azure, GCP), Machine Learning
- Become the voice of our customers internally to drive product enhancements and road map
- Travel approximately 50%
- Bachelor's degree in a technical area or equivalent practical experience
- Proven extensive experience to develop strong relationships with key decision makers & influencers within elite organizations
- Expert in Data Warehousing, Big Data, or BI / Analytics
- Excellent communication and presentation skills to present to both technical and executive audiences, whether impromptu on a white-board or using presentations and demos
- Highly effective listening and critical thinking skills
- Hands-on, complex problem solver
- Have the technical chops and innate curiosity to learn new technologies quickly in the dynamic big data and analytics space
The Unique Value of Micro Focus
At Micro Focus we provide our customers with a best-in-class portfolio of enterprise-grade scalable software with analytics built in. We put customers at the center of our innovation and build high quality products that our teams can be proud of.
Through our breadth of solutions, we are uniquely positioned to help our customers solve business problems and deliver against the needs and opportunities of Hybrid IT, from mainframe to mobile to cloud. We’re a pure-play software company –we have a level of focus that other technology companies don’t have, we are designed from the ground up to build, sell and support software.
We also have the strong operational foundation, proven over a combined 40 years of experience, to deliver on our commitments to our customers. Our scale is global—we have the reach and the capabilities to support customers in a global market. We are the 7th largest software company in the world, and the largest technology company listed on the FTSE. With 4,000 employees working on R&D, we can focus on innovating in solving the most complex technology problems for customers.
At its heart, Hybrid IT is about letting customers choose what’s right for them, without the need to compromise. Our job is to help them, and to enable that hybrid model to bridge the old and the new to maximize the value of existing investments.
Micro Focus is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Prospective employees will receive consideration without discrimination because of race, colour, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected status.
*LI-JG1Micro Focus is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Prospective employees will receive consideration without discrimination because of race, colour, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, genetic information, citizenship or any other legally protected status.
Micro Focus Named a Leader in Gartner’s 2018 Magic Quadrant for Application Security Testing
Company Assessment Based on its Ability to Execute and Completeness of Vision
Meeting the Challenges of Change – The Micro Focus Timeline
It's a fast moving world, standing still is a step backwards and evolution is about keeping pace with change. The Micro Focus strategy of evolution through selective acquisitions, ensures we will continue to enable our customers to meet the Challenges of Change.
- Viewed jobs
- Featured jobs
- Saved jobs
Sorry, you do not have any saved jobs.