Software Sales Account Executive - Big Data and Analytics
Primary Location: Böblingen, Baden-Württemberg
Take charge of your future and join our dynamic, motivated sales team as we go to market with a best-in-class portfolio that will help shape the world’s software landscape. Field Sales Account Specialists determine the long-term strategic view and vision of each account. You will drive the sales pursuit across our portfolio of market leading customers who look to Micro Focus Software solutions to bridge their old and new technologies to solve strategic business issues.
- Full Time
- Level: Mid
- Travel: Yes (frequent)
What makes a successful Field Sales Account Specialist at Micro Focus? Check out the top traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix. Additional related traits listed below.
- Relationship expertise
- Results Driven
- Problem Solver
Paid Time Off
Work Life Balance
Employee Stock Purchase Plan
Title:Software Sales Account Executive – Big Data and Analytics
Want to sell a proven analytical database trusted by hundreds of data-driven organizations? We’re the Vertica team with offices around the world, and the brains behind the analytics database that is taking the industry by storm. Our customers such as Facebook, Zynga, Uber, and others put in petabytes of data and ask whatever questions they want; it’s our job to make that easy and fast. It’s a practical twist around some tough theoretical problems. Learn more at www.vertica.com
We’re also part of Micro Focus, but we operate as an independent unit. Think of us as a mature start-up that has maintained that small-company atmosphere and hunger to achieve, while also enjoying the perks and backing of a large, stable company.
About the role:
The Vertica Account Executive is a senior level, experienced sales athlete responsible for delivering license software sales with large existing customers. The primary opportunity is upselling and cross-selling into existing customer whitespace. This software sales athlete will build strong relationships by networking within the account base and leverage the broader team to identify contacts and sales opportunities. Focused on selling our big data analytics platform this senior sales rep will develop relationships with the highest level of IT and Business management to communicate our value proposition and deliver license software sales.
- Responsible for creating and driving their sales pipeline.
- Maintains knowledge of competitors in account to strategically position the company's products and services better.
- Use expertise to seek out new opportunities and expand and enhance existing opportunities to build the pipeline in and drive pursuit.
- Development of quota objectives and future direction for defined product category.
- Establish a professional, working, and consultative, relationship with the client, up to and including the C-level for mid-to-large accounts, by developing a core understanding of the unique business needs of the client within their industry.
- May invest time working with and leveraging external partners to deliver sale.
- Directs or coordinates supporting sales activities.
Education and Experience Required:
- University or Bachelor's degree
- Directly related previous work experience.
- Demonstrated achievement of progressively higher quota, diversity of business customer, and higher level customer interface.
- Extensive selling experience within industry and on similar products.
- Typically 8-12 years of advanced sales experience.
- Project management skills required.
- 2-3 years of product sales in the desired specialty (Big Data, Data warehouse, Business Intelligence, Predictive Analytics etc.)
- Fluent/Native English and German or Swiss German Language Skills.
#LI-KM1Micro Focus is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Prospective employees will receive consideration without discrimination because of race, colour, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, genetic information, citizenship or any other legally protected status.
Micro Focus Named a Leader in Gartner’s 2018 Magic Quadrant for Application Security Testing
Company Assessment Based on its Ability to Execute and Completeness of Vision
Meeting the Challenges of Change – the Micro Focus Timeline
It's a fast moving world, standing still is a step backwards and evolution is about keeping pace with change. The Micro Focus strategy of evolution through selective acquisitions, ensures we will continue to enable our customers to meet the Challenges of Change.
- Viewed jobs
- Featured jobs
- Saved jobs
Sorry, you do not have any saved jobs.