Solution Architect Cloud & Automation
Boulogne-Billancourt, France; Les Ulis, FranceJob ID 7003761
Our Professional Services organization is responsible for creating demand for our Software solutions through our consulting and advisory offerings; unlocking the value and maximizing the business return for our customers; and providing services that extend the usable life of our technology.
- Level: Mid
- Travel: Minimal
What makes a successful Professional Service Provider at Micro Focus? Check out the top traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix. Additional related traits listed below.
- Technologically Savvy
Paid Time Off
Life and Disability Insurance
At Micro Focus we provide our customers with a best-in-class portfolio of enterprise-grade scalable software with analytics built in. We put customers at the center of our innovation and build high quality products that our teams can be proud of. Through our breadth of solutions, we are uniquely positioned to help our customers solve business problems and deliver against the needs and opportunities of Hybrid IT, from mainframe to mobile to cloud. We’re a pure-play software company –we have a level of focus that other technology companies don’t have, we are designed from the ground up to build, sell and support software.
The Solution Architect serves as a leading member of the Customer Solutions team responsible for the design and customization of the Cloud and Automation suite on customer premises. This individual will be working directly with the customer and should be comfortable representing the company. Ideal candidates will have expert level system administration skills, experience in architecture of large management or operational solutions as well as software development experience with a strong understanding of cross platform administration and large scale, distributed systems environments.
- Design solutions based on C&A software with integrations to MicroFocus and 3rd Party software.
- Act as senior technical expert and advisor to the team installing and troubleshooting the solutions.
- Train customers in the use, administration, and customization of C&A components, including the use of our best practices around the C&A suite.
- Advice the customer on best practices around Packaging client's custom technology and applications for use with C&A components.
- Work with customer to deploy large scale, business critical applications using C&A
- Customize and extend C&A based on customer's business requirements
- Develop custom applications using the component APIs (Application Programming Interfaces) and industry standard programming languages including Python, Perl, SH, Java, and Visual Basic to meet client's business needs
- Perform high-level and low-level presentations to technical teams and management explaining integration and enterprise application components
- Deliver architecture/ implementation workshops to technical and management teams
- Assist the PS Sales teams in developing business around the C&A products.
Successful candidates will be able to demonstrate a strong working knowledge of and hands on experience in the following areas:
- Advanced System administration and debugging experience on Solaris, Windows and Linux, AIX, HP-UX.
- Experience with enterprise hardware i.e. Sun Sunfire range of hardware (V240, v880, E15K, E25K, T2000) and HP hardware
- Vast Knowledge of automation of tasks using Perl, Python, shell scripts, VB script and batch files and understanding the limitations and benefits of each.
- Experience with software packaging (e.g. RPM, MSI, etc.) and software distribution.
- Advanced knowledge in administration of Oracle and SQL databases. Crystal Reports is a plus
- Good understanding of Application technologies including IBM WebSphere, BEA WebLogic, JBOSS, .NET framework, etc.
- Good understanding of internet protocols including HTTP, SSL, and SOAP/XML-RPC/Web Services
- Some software development experience. Experience with Python or Java a plus.
- Advanced knowledge of enterprise storage solutions (hardware/software)
- Excellent networking skills, should understand routers/switches/firewalls and understand complex enterprise network technologies and architectures /protocols
- Ability to work with customer teams with outstanding verbal and written communication skills. Experienced in performing high-level and low-level presentations to technical teams and management explaining integration and enterprise application components
- Bachelors or Masters in Computer Science or equivalent
Micro Focus Enables Modernization of Core Business Systems to Capture Incremental Value and Drive Business Transformation
Application Modernization and Connectivity (AMC) Portfolio Helps Customers Lower Cost, Improve Speed and Gives IT Flexibility to Future-Proof Investments
Micro Focus Launches New Data Protection Solutions for Virtualized and Hybrid IT Environment
Data Protector Express for Virtualized Environments and Data Protector Premium for Physical, Virtual, and Multi-cloud Workloads Improve Overall TCO for Customer
About our Location
Find out what it’s like to live and work in Boulogne-Billancourt.View our Location