Lead Solutions Consultant - UK/I
Bracknell, United Kingdom; London, United KingdomJob ID 7005976
Our Professional Services organization is responsible for creating demand for our Software solutions through our consulting and advisory offerings; unlocking the value and maximizing the business return for our customers; and providing services that extend the usable life of our technology.
- Level: Mid
- Travel: Minimal
What makes a successful Professional Service Provider at Micro Focus? Check out the top traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix. Additional related traits listed below.
- Technologically Savvy
Paid Time Off
Life and Disability Insurance
Lead Solution Consultant (LSC) UK/I
At Micro Focus, everything we do is based on a simple idea: The fastest way to get results is to build on what you have. Our software solutions enable organizations to do just that. Secure and scalable, with analytics built in, they bridge the gap between existing and emerging IT—fast-tracking digital transformations across DevOps, Hybrid IT, Security, and Predictive Analytics. In the race to innovate, Micro Focus customers have the clear advantage.
Our portfolio spans the following areas: DevOps | IT Operations| Cloud | Security | Info Governance | Big Data, Machine Learning, & Analytics
The Lead Solution Consultant (Presales) is primarily responsible for ensuring that the right solutions/offerings are incorporated in customer proposals, that the pursuit of business in those solutions is effective, and that key people are involved to close deals. The Lead Solution Consultant enables reuse of Practice approved collateral and intellectual capital (IC) in presales, and leads the shaping of deals in order to deliver profitable and successful projects, assures that the solution is designed and scoped correctly, is a thought leader in their solution set, works pro-actively with vertical practices as appropriate.
LSC is responsible to proactively drive pipeline development by actively leading solution programs, enabling sales and ensuring target customers are identified and pursued.
- Achieve target order goals for assigned vertical/solution area and managing the pursuit efficiently against the approved pre-sales budget
- Lead, prepare and present proposals - Rough Order of Magnitude (ROM), IPP (Indicative Price proposals), Statement of Work, Pricing tools, Work Breakdown Structure including crafting and positioning solutions
- Coordinate with resources from his/her own or other practices to work on and completion proposals
- Achieve pipeline target and ensure activities are led and tracked
- Create and contribute reusable pursuit related materials and get feedback from PMs/SAs. Actively promote reuse of certified collateral.
- Responsible for Solution Architect documentation and opinions at OBR/SOAR (Management Approval) events
- Support, as appropriate, the Client Principal and Enterprise Account Manager in building the Client business plan
- Engage in vertical practice activities as required to maintain funnel
- Track metrics and report out
Successful candidates are able to demonstrate a strong working knowledge of and hands on experience in the following areas:
- Project Management / Solution Architecture with proven experience in one or more solution areas (BSA, Business Service Management, Strategy, Application Lifecycle Management, Application Delivery Management, DevOps, IT Service Management, IT Operations Management)
- Consultative Selling skills
- Excellent oral communication and interpersonal skills
- Excellent written communication skills
- Large, complex deal pursuit leadership
- Ability to understand business needs quickly and articulate benefit
- 7-10 years’ experience in consulting business or more
- Results oriented, capable of generating excitement in the solution area, capable of carrying/translating value proposition to clients
Micro Focus Enables Modernization of Core Business Systems to Capture Incremental Value and Drive Business Transformation
Application Modernization and Connectivity (AMC) Portfolio Helps Customers Lower Cost, Improve Speed and Gives IT Flexibility to Future-Proof Investments
Micro Focus Launches New Data Protection Solutions for Virtualized and Hybrid IT Environment
Data Protector Express for Virtualized Environments and Data Protector Premium for Physical, Virtual, and Multi-cloud Workloads Improve Overall TCO for Customer