Collections Analyst - Strategic AccountsJob ID 7006639 Date posted 01/11/2019 Location Bucharest, București, Romania Schedule Full time Shift No shift premium (Romania)
At Micro Focus, everything we do is based on a simple idea: The fastest way to get results is to build on what you have. Our software solutions enable organizations to do just that. Secure and scalable, with analytics built in, they bridge the gap between existing and emerging IT—fast-tracking digital transformations across DevOps, Hybrid IT, Security, and Predictive Analytics. In the race to innovate, Micro Focus customers have the clearadvantage.
Our portfolio spans the following areas:DevOps | ITOperations| Cloud | Security | Info Governance | Big Data, Machine Learning, & Analytics
- Effectively manages assigned portfolio ranging from simple to medium complexity transactions
- Follows defined dispute management processes, by recording customer disputes in a clear, concise manner ensuring correct internal referral for dispute resolution. Enhances customer satisfaction by effectively communicating actions to resolve disputes
- Follows recommended best practice approach in system usage to ensure that an accurate record exists for all portfolio transactions and that internal partners can instigate appropriate actions
- Makes recommendations to management for change in processes adopted to improve quality and effectiveness of assigned work
- Takes responsibility for assigned portfolio by proactively applying cash to invoices advised by the customer. Reaches out to customer promptly on receipt of cash with no advised remittance
- Takes steps to reconcile customer accounts so that there is always a clear and accurate view of the outstanding debtor position. Seeks assistance from more experienced colleagues where required
- Follows the direction of collection strategies undertaking a proactive and effective approach and escalating at the appropriate point in the process
Customer / Internal Partner Engagement:
- Engages positively with both external customers and internal partners to develop positive business relationships
- Adopts the most effective method of customer contact to collect cash promptly
- Understand assigned customers’ business and organizational structure at a high level noting key contacts for the purpose of cash collection and dispute resolution
- Identifies appropriate customer contacts to obtain payment and/ or identify and resolve issues. Records customer contact information to enable colleagues to pick up during periods of absence
- Follows up in a timely manner on aging debtor transactions, customer requests or issues
- Carries out a preliminary quality checks on high value current transactions to establish collectability (For example: Delivery of invoice/ format/ Purchase order alignment)
- Participate in customer and internal case resolution meetings as required
- Prepare adequately and present customer position at “one to one” manager review meetings. Carry out the agreed actions and report back on progress
Escalations and Internal Collaborations
- Escalate aging disputes following standard processes, to C&C resources and internal partners and work collaboratively with assigned Territory Resolver
- Identify, investigate and escalate “at risk” disputes as per defined processes, making recommendations on reserve or write off decisions;
- Provide reports, analysis or other information as required to Internal Partners and Management ensuring appropriate prioritization
- Proactively analyze root causes of disputes and take appropriate actions to resolve dispute and also report dispute themes to management for future dispute avoidance
- Attend review meetings with the Credit & Collections Manager/ Team Lead to provide commentary and status of disputes. Follow up on resulting action items
- Have an understanding of the company revenue recognition and risk reserve policy, together with the associated impacts and make recommendations accordingly. Where there are gaps in understanding seek guidance
Education and Experience Required:
- First level university degree with a focus in business or economics recommended or equivalent experience.
- Typically 3-5 years of experience in collection.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Written and verbal communication, negotiation, and conflict resolution skills.
- Advanced English and any other language is a plus
- Accounting knowledge.
- Problem solving skills.
- Prioritization skills.
- Dispute management process understanding
- Influence skills.
- Viewed jobs
- Featured jobs
- Saved jobs
Sorry, you do not have any saved jobs.