Sales Engineer - Identity, Access & Security Products, Micro Focus, Flexible East or Central USApply Job ID 2017033 Date posted 07/21/2017 Location Cambridge, Massachusetts Other Locations 309606
Identity, Access & Security Products
Location Flexible: Any Large City, Central or Eastern US
We are seeking an exceptional individual to serve as a presales technical expert in the sale of our Identity, Access and Security (IAS) products to a variety of clients throughout the US and Canada.
You will be the technology expert in the sales effort as an IAS sales team works with a variety of companies in positioning our products. While you are part of the sales team, your efforts will still be dedicated to technical tasks up to 75% of your time.
In this role you will:
- Assist in demand creation activities around Identity/Access/Security revenue opportunities including customer visits, presentations and demonstrations that articulate our value in solving business problems
- Serve as an Identity, Access & Security technology specialist and architect
- Deliver and lead proofs of concept (POC) on our products
- Enable existing and recruit new partners to drive licensing revenue by demonstrating technical advantages of our Identity, Security & Access stack
- Be involved in all stages of the sales cycle from pre-sales qualification to services delivery and to ensuring customer satisfaction
- Provide technical insight to client technology leadership
- Demonstrate our competitive advantage in the area of the Identity, Security & Access stack
- Work with sales team in understanding the product as well as client technical needs and concerns
- Conduct structured and ad hoc product demonstrations
- Experience in a presales technical role for an identity/access/security related software vendor
- Strong technical expertise in the domain (with Identity Manager or Access Governance Suite product experience especially valuable)
- Strong presentation and demo skills
- Willingness to travel approximately 50%
The Unique Value of Micro Focus
At Micro Focus we provide our customers with a best-in-class portfolio of enterprise-grade scalable software with analytics built in. We put customers at the center of our innovation and build high quality products that our teams can be proud of.
Through our breadth of solutions, we are uniquely positioned to help our customers solve business problems and deliver against the needs and opportunities of Hybrid IT, from mainframe to mobile to cloud. We’re a pure-play software company –we have a level of focus that other technology companies don’t have, we are designed from the ground up to build, sell and support software.
We also have the strong operational foundation, proven over a combined 40 years of experience, to deliver on our commitments to our customers. Our scale is global—we have the reach and the capabilities to support customers in a global market. We are the 7th largest software company in the world, and the largest technology company listed on the FTSE. With 4,000 employees working on R&D, we can focus on innovating in solving the most complex technology problems for customers.
At its heart, Hybrid IT is about letting customers choose what’s right for them, without the need to compromise. Our job is to help them, and to enable that hybrid model to bridge the old and the new to maximize the value of existing investments.
Micro Focus is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Prospective employees will receive consideration without discrimination because of race, colour, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected status.
We have been made aware of people posing as Micro Focus recruiters or part of the Human Resources team and making contact about job opportunities and extending job offers via text message, instant message or chat rooms. These job postings and offers are fraudulent and these people are in no way affiliated with Micro Focus. Read More