Senior Financial Analyst IApply Job ID 7004877 Date posted 08/17/2018 Location Cambridge, Massachusetts, United States Other Locations Cambridge,Massachusetts,United States of America Schedule Full time Shift No shift premium (United States of America)
At Micro Focus, everything we do is based on a simple idea: The fastest way to get results is to build on what you have. Our software solutions enable organizations to do just that. Secure and scalable, with analytics built in, they bridge the gap between existing and emerging IT—fast-tracking digital transformations across DevOps, Hybrid IT, Security, and Predictive Analytics. In the race to innovate, Micro Focus customers have the clear advantage.
Our portfolio spans the following areas:
DevOps | IT Operations| Cloud | Security | Info Governance | Big Data, Machine Learning, & Analytics
About the Role
Vertica is one of the many growth products within the Micro Focus portfolio. The Senior Financial Analyst will support the worldwide global sales team for the Vertica products and is expected to establish a strong partnership with the sales leaders to ensure that the financial strategies are operationally supported and strategically focused to secure the greatest return on investment.
The Analyst will gather financial data and will perform financial analyses and reporting (e.g., compensation, pricing, market strategy etc.) to influence decisions within the business and to drive cross-business initiatives.
In addition, the Analyst will drive the forecasting process (weekly, monthly, and long term) by analyzing trends within the business and ensuring alignment with business and corporate-wide objectives.
The Analyst will support the monthly close process to ensure revenue and expenses are matching budget expectations. They will drives adherence to Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) and the organization's financial goals and policies. Also, they will have the fiduciary responsibility to represent financial results correctly internally. Ensures strong business controls.
- Provides complex financial analysis for the sales team, typically exercising a unique understanding of the business to determine the best method for achieving objectives.
- Consults with business leaders to guide and influence strategic decision-making.
- Creates financial spend forecasts
- Ensure closed deals become recognized revenue in proper fiscal period
- Leads and advises on complex business initiatives, typically partnering with several analysts across multiple areas within finance and sales operations that span geographies.
- Drives process improvement that impacts the function globally.
- Represents the business unit during cross-regional or cross- functional planning processes.
Education and Experience Required:
- First level university degree with a focus in Finance or Accounting; advanced degree or accounting certification (e.g., CPA or MBA) preferred.
- Typically 5+ years of experience as a Financial Analyst preferably in the software industry.
- Typically experienced in a variety of finance functions that may include: budgets & planning, revenue or sales finance.
- Experience presenting financial outcomes and strategies to senior business leaders in person and on the phone.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Excellent understanding of financial analysis and basic accounting principles.
- Excellent analytical skills.
- Detail orientated and ability to solve problems independently.
- Strong background in Microsoft Excel & PowerPoint.
- Superior communication and influencing skills.
- Proven teamwork skills.