Senior QA Automation Engineer
Primary Location: Cluj-Napoca, Judeţul ClujJob ID 7005858
Software Engineers are responsible for developing, modifying, designing, and testing of products, software, systems or process. Our products and systems are created with the intent to bridge the gap between existing and emerging IT—fast-tracking digital transformations across DevOps, HybridIT, Security, and Predictive Analytics. Our talented teams thrive on turning ideas into solutions that solve our customer's most complex enterprise-scale challenges. If you thrive on contributing to the next generation technology evolution, then we’re looking for innovators like you!
- Level: Mid
- Travel: Minimal
What makes a successful Software Engineer at Micro Focus? Check out the top traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix. Additional related traits listed below.
- Problem Solver
- Results Driven
- Team Player
- Technologically Savvy
Paid Time Off
Life and Disability Insurance
At Micro Focus, everything we do is based on a simple idea: The fastest way to get results is to build on what you have. Our software solutions enable organizations to do just that. Secure and scalable, with analytics built in, they bridge the gap between existing and emerging IT—fast-tracking digital transformations across DevOps, Hybrid IT, Security, and Predictive Analytics. In the race to innovate, Micro Focus customers have the clear advantage.
Our portfolio spans the following areas: DevOps | IT Operations| Cloud | Security | Info Governance | Big Data, Machine Learning, & Analytics.
Are you passionate about building software? Do you have a good eye for quality?
We are looking for an experienced QA Automation Engineer with the will to transform our tools and frameworks into a highly efficient system that assures our software is performing at its best.
Join a passionate and seasoned team that is focused on delivering enterprise-ready software for IT Operations Management with great user experience.
You will be part of a System team that assists in building and supporting the Agile development environment, performing end-to-end Solution testing and assisting with deployment and release on demand.
Your main responsibility will be driving the Test Automation agenda. You will need to assess the current situation and come with solutions at each technology stack level.
You will also interact directly or through the Product Management team with enterprise customers to understand their IT infrastructures and to design the best automation workflows (aka Content) for them. The day to day work starts from understanding APIs (e.g. REST, SOAP) from different domains such as cloud (e.g. AWS, Microsoft Azure, Google Compute Engine), virtualization, containers (e.g. Docker, Kubernetes) and design ready-to-use Content integrations to automate various IT processes.
Your key tasks:
Building development infrastructure:
- Create and maintain the continuous delivery pipeline tool-chain, including continuous integration, automated builds, automated build verification testing, and automated deployment
- Create and maintain automated testing tools for unit and acceptance testing, performance testing and load testing
- Create platforms and environments for solution demos, and user acceptance testing
- Facilitate the technical aspects of collaboration with third parties, such as data or service providers and hosting facilities
- Work closely with Agile teams to ensure testing guidelines are followed
- Foster innovation for end to end Content experience and development, set high quality standards and inspire can-do attitude to meet customer needs
- Engage with program managers, marketing, supply chain, technical leaders and executives to communicate status, escalate issues, and guide and influence decision-making
What do we expect?
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Computer Science, or related discipline is required. Advanced university degree preferred
- Hands-on experience building Test Automation frameworks
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills
- Advanced multi-tasking and prioritization skills
- Track record of delivering results
- Strong background in Software Engineering - candidate should be very familiar with state of the art software engineering technologies and processes
- Demonstrated experience in Agile methodology
- Software applications testing methodology, including writing and execution of test plans, debugging, and testing scripts and tools
- Hands on experience with: Jenkins/Git/Maven/Ant/Nexus/SVN/GitHub Enterprise
- Proficiency in Java (Python is a plus)
- Familiarity with REST, SOAP, SSH, PowerShell protocols and technologies
- Familiarity with operating systems: Windows and Linux
- Test automation frameworks; experience with Selenium WebDriver, TestNG is a plus
- Experience or desire to work with customers, multiple teams and support organizations across different geographical locations
- Written and verbal communication skills; mastery in English and Romanian
- Data Center Automation - https://software.microfocus.com/en-us/products/data-center-automation/overview
- Hybrid Cloud Management - https://software.microfocus.com/en-us/products/hybrid-cloud-management-suite/overview
- CloudSlang (Micro Focus Open Source Project) - http://www.cloudslang.io/#/
#LI-GP1Micro Focus is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Prospective employees will receive consideration without discrimination because of race, colour, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, genetic information, citizenship or any other legally protected status.
Micro Focus Named a Leader in IDC MarketScape: Worldwide Enterprise Automated Software Quality 2017-2018 Vendor Assessment
Broad and deep portfolio of products for ASQ and DevOps drive position
Micro Focus Delivers Comprehensive, Integrated Data Protection for HPE ProLiant for Microsoft Azure Stack
Seamless Protection for Corporate Data Spanning Hybrid Cloud Deployments; Simplifies Backup and Restore Process
- Viewed jobs
- Featured jobs
- Saved jobs
Sorry, you do not have any saved jobs.