Lead R&D Customer Care EngineerApply Job ID 7004234 Date posted 06/27/2018 Location Fort Collins, Colorado, United States Other Locations San Diego,California,United States of America;All,California,United States of America Schedule Full time Shift No shift premium (United States of America)
At Micro Focus, everything we do is based on a simple idea: The fastest way to get results is to build on what you have. Our software solutions enable organizations to do just that. Secure and scalable, with analytics built in, they bridge the gap between existing and emerging IT—fast-tracking digital transformations across DevOps, Hybrid IT, Security, and Predictive Analytics. In the race to innovate, Micro Focus customers have the clear advantage.
Our portfolio spans the following areas:
DevOps | IT Operations| Cloud | Security | Info Governance | Big Data, Machine Learning, & Analytics
Take charge of your future and join our dynamic customer care engineering team as we go to market with a best-in-class portfolio that will help shape the world’s software landscape
About the Role
Micro Focus is a growing organization looking for talented and experienced engineers for our IT Service Management product development and support organization. The Core CPE (Current Product Engineering) team is responsible for handling all and any requests emanating from customers and through our support organization before they reach our R&D SCRUM resources.
UNLIKE working in any other traditional or agile teams/companies, this unique customer facing engineering position will have great exposure, ownership, and opportunities to work with, influence, and even lead worldwide teams to develop high-standard, high-performance enterprise software products and services.
The lead Lead R&D Customer Care Engineer will play both a technologist and Case/Customer management role in a strategic and leading cross organization software engineering group.
The Lead R&D Customer Care Engineer will be responsible for:
- Handling incoming request and escalations from Level 3 support, customer success team, Product Management, other R&D organization... Raising the standard of acceptance from Support cases to ensure any R&D related work can be properly consumed by SCRUM backlog, act as Case and Account owner when engaged in escalation and handle communication with stakeholders to ensure R&D teams can focus on solving the technical issues.
- Working closely with SCRUM masters, Product owners and engineers, Product Managers, Escalation managers and of course customers! He will lead all US-based team members and overview Top accounts for all products covered by the team to ensure a follow the sun approach and continuity with other team in the world.
- Control of incoming and backlog of incidents and assignment within the team
- Conducting investigation and tests to validate solution or workarounds
- Diagnosing complicated issues and come up with recommendation for solution
- Participating in calls with support and customers to investigate and communicate on current fix plans and technical issues
- Managing dynamic backlog and helping prioritize work for SCRUM teams working with PM
- Qualifying Enhancement Requests and prioritizing with Product Management
- Acting as single point of contact for customer/support and collaborate with different SCRUM teams to find the adequate resources
- Reporting, communicating and prioritizing Hot customer escalation for various products covered by the team.
Education and Experience
- BA or equivalent in Computer Science or Technology is preferredl but not required
- At least 5-years-experience with customer facing role or activities, including two years in programming, performance testing or tuning, automation testing (familiarity with coding/programming)
Skills and Knowledge
- Very good command of English Skill in both oral and written forms
- Excellent communication skills and ability to handle conflictual situation with customers.
- Strong self-starter who is highly interested in business domain knowledge as well as a wide range of technologies
- Strong analytical, debugging and troubleshooting skills
- Good understanding of modern web application architecture and Cloud architecture
- Good understanding of Linux or windows OS, as well as basic DB principles
- Knowledge/experience of Discovery tools and ITIL nomenclature OR knowledge/experience of Docker based technologies and software (K8s…)
- Knowledge/experience of Micro Focus ITSM products (Service Manager, Service AnyWhere…)
- Solid knowledge of C/C++ or Java programming
- Depth knowledge and understanding of OS internals and Computer Architecture
- knowledge and understanding of VDC chain and IT Operation Management domain
If you want to be part of what's next and find out more about our available opportunities, visit Micro Focus Careers.