Senior Network Architect
Fort Collins, ColoradoJob ID 7003651
Our Professional Services organization is responsible for creating demand for our Software solutions through our consulting and advisory offerings; unlocking the value and maximizing the business return for our customers; and providing services that extend the usable life of our technology.
- Level: Mid
- Travel: Minimal
What makes a successful Professional Service Provider at Micro Focus? Check out the top traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix. Additional related traits listed below.
- Technologically Savvy
Paid Time Off
Life and Disability Insurance
Senior Network Architect
At Micro Focus, everything we do is based on a simple idea: The fastest way to get results is to build on what you have. Our software solutions enable organizations to do just that. Secure and scalable, with analytics built in, they bridge the gap between existing and emerging IT—fast-tracking digital transformations across DevOps, Hybrid IT, Security, and Predictive Analytics. In the race to innovate, Micro Focus customers have the clear advantage.
Our portfolio spans the following areas:
DevOps | IT Operations| Cloud | Security | Info Governance | Big Data, Machine Learning, & Analytics
Take charge of your future and join our dynamic team as we go to market with a best-in-class portfolio that will help shape the world’s software landscape.
About the Role
Micro Focus is seeking an energetic, self-driven Senior Network Architect to design and deliver network solutions for our customers.
Senior Network Architect
- Apply deep and broad network expertise at the mastery level with knowledge of industry trends and ability to apply concepts in support of business requirements.
- Implement and manage multiple vendor Routers, Switches, IPS, Load Balancer and cache-compression appliances.
- Find solutions to fix and prevent the most complex problems from occurring across teams/technologies.
- Identify, manage and lead escalations through L5.
- Independently review and verify changes/solutions of high complexity and ensure governance and change management practices are followed.
- Represent network team on change advisory board (CAB).
- Provide input to security policies. Proactively monitor for patch compliance and analyse patches for compatibility and approve implementation/changes.
- Implement network solutions and related projects in traditional or cloud environment meeting business needs and customer requirements meeting high quality standards.
- Utilize ticketing systems ensuring change management, governance and continuous improvement programs are followed.
- Monitor, manage and maintain tools which support network monitoring and logging.
- Establish and maintain working relationships with customers, hardware/software vendors and service providers.
- Maintains organizational SLO, SLA, and business continuity programs.
- Mentor and provide training to global network support groups.
- Provide on call support.
Education and Expertise
- 14+ years network experience (minimum of 1 with cloud) in large-scale global environment; (including the installation, maintenance and ongoing support of firewalls, routers, switches and load-balance solutions.); including spanning tree and support of higher layer protocols and security.
- Experience designing and delivering solutions for customers within budget and on-time. Must be prepared to discuss solutions and make sound decisions.
- Must have solid experience:
- designing, implementing and supporting VPN’s and remote access solutions.
- configuring, troubleshooting and supporting TACACS+, Radius, Logging and SNMP on switch, routers and other network technologies.
- supporting DNS on Linux, Windows or other platform and packet decoding Cable-plant and documentation experience including cable plans, connectivity documents and drawings.
- Experience mentoring and training junior and mid-level network administrators on multiple network disciplines.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience in a related field.
- CCIE certification or equivalent is required.
Skills and Knowledge
- Mastery technical competency with Firewalls, Routers, Switches, cache and compression appliances, IPS devices and load balancers for global large-scale networks. This includes significant design, install, troubleshooting for highly available and fail-over environments.
- Ability to design and deploy network solutions based on customer requirements including architect/design, deploy, support and maintaining a full life-cycle approach for global HA network solutions in cloud environments.
- Significant project delivery and must be able to discuss accomplishments and problems in a group setting, Excellent communications skills and ability to clearly articulate issues to US based customers and team members (verbal and documented). Will frequently be interacting with customers, business partners, vendors and/or functional peer groups and will interact with senior management.
If you want to be part of what's next and find out more about our available opportunities, visit Micro Focus Careers.
Micro Focus Enables Modernization of Core Business Systems to Capture Incremental Value and Drive Business Transformation
Application Modernization and Connectivity (AMC) Portfolio Helps Customers Lower Cost, Improve Speed and Gives IT Flexibility to Future-Proof Investments
Micro Focus Launches New Data Protection Solutions for Virtualized and Hybrid IT Environment
Data Protector Express for Virtualized Environments and Data Protector Premium for Physical, Virtual, and Multi-cloud Workloads Improve Overall TCO for Customer