Senior Financial Analyst – Revenue RecognitionJob ID 2018668 Date posted 08/02/2018 Location Hillsboro, Oregon, United States
At Micro Focus, everything we do is based on a simple idea: The fastest way to get results is to build on what you have. Our software solutions enable organizations to do just that. Secure and scalable, with analytics built in, they bridge the gap between existing and emerging IT—fast-tracking digital transformations across DevOps, Hybrid IT, Security, and Predictive Analytics. In the race to innovate, Micro Focus customers have the clear advantage.
Our portfolio spans the following areas:
DevOps | IT Operations| Cloud | Security | Info Governance | Big Data, Machine Learning, & Analytics
About the Role
Senior Financial Analyst – Revenue Recognition:
Micro Focus is seeking an experienced Revenue Recognition Analyst to join our America’s team, performing a variety of revenue responsibilities. As a member of the Revenue Recognition Team this individual will primarily be engaged in providing guidance and policy around revenue recognition within sales contracts, monitoring and maintaining standalone selling price (fair value) analysis, and internal and external audit support.
This role will interact with various functions across the company including Sales, Operations, Legal, Professional Services, Pricing, and Accounting to ensure revenue recognition issues are addressed and that risks are identified to ensure the company can make informed decisions.
- Ensure all revenue related contracts are recognized in accordance with IFRS 15/ASC 606 and Company policy.
- Maintain and monitor standalone selling price strategy and analysis under IFRS 15/ASC 606
- Prepare accounting memos and technical positions on revenue recognition related topics as needed
- Provide support to internal and external auditors during quarterly and year-end audit
- Assist with special projects as requested
Education and Experience Required:
- First level university degree with a focus in finance, business or accounting; CPA strongly preferred.
- 5+ years of experience in business or finance
- 3+ years of revenue recognition experience preferred
- Public accounting experience a plus, preferable with Big 4
Knowledge and Skills:
- Strong understanding of accounting principles and financial analysis, specifically around revenue recognition in the software industry
- Prior experience with software revenue recognition fair value under ASC 605, 985-605 or IFRS a plus
- Strong analytical skills
- Excellent problem solving, communication and writing stills
- Strong business application skills (e.g., Microsoft Excel, SQL)
- Ability to manage multiple projects concurrently
- Viewed jobs
- Featured jobs
- Saved jobs
Sorry, you do not have any saved jobs.