Our Professional Services organization is responsible for creating demand for our Software solutions through our consulting and advisory offerings; unlocking the value and maximizing the business return for our customers; and providing services that extend the usable life of our technology.
- Level: Mid
- Travel: Minimal
What makes a successful Professional Service Provider at Micro Focus? Check out the top traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix. Additional related traits listed below.
- Technologically Savvy
Paid Time Off
Life and Disability Insurance
Technical Support Engineer
At Micro Focus, everything we do is based on a simple idea: The fastest way to get results is to build on what you have. Our software solutions enable organizations to do just that. Secure and scalable, with analytics built in, they bridge the gap between existing and emerging IT—fast-tracking digital transformations across DevOps, Hybrid IT, Security, and Predictive Analytics. In the race to innovate, Micro Focus customers have the clear advantage.
Our portfolio spans the following areas:
DevOps | IT Operations| Cloud | Security | Info Governance | Big Data, Machine Learning, & Analytics
Take charge of your future and join our Security Support team as we go to market with a best-in-class portfolio that will help shape the world’s software landscape.
About the Role
The Security Support Engineer provides direct service and support our worldwide customer base on our award winning enterprise software and hardware solutions - ArcSight, Fortify and Voltage.
The Security Support Engineer
- Analyzes, diagnoses, and resolves complex product issues for customers related to Security software products in multi-tiered application environments
- Develop, document, and publish best practice methods, technical white papers, knowledgebase articles and solutions
- Collaborates closely with team members from support, engineering and product management to resolve customer issues, advocate product enhancements, bug fixes, provide feedback on important features, product gaps and supportability matters
- Serves as subject matter expert for technical publications and user-community website
- Participate in On-call support and prepared to work on weekend shifts during US hours
Education and Experience
- Masters or Bachelors degree in Computer Science or equivalent verifiable work experience
- At least 2 years of experience in supporting Enterprise Software products
Skills and Knowledge
- Sound knowledge of Linux or UNIX variants and Windows Servers (2008 & 2012)
- 1-2 years of Database experience (MSSQL, Oracle, SQL)
- At least 2 years of experience in technology areas of Kafka, Kubernates, Docker.
- 1-2 years of experience with troubleshooting network related issues
- Knowledge of web servers (Apache, IIS) and application servers (Tomcat/Jboss)
- Good knowledge and understanding of any search technology
- System or Network Administration experience is a plus
- Experience working with ArcSight, Fortify or Voltage products is a plus
- Fluency in other languages is desirable
If you want to be part of what's next and find out more about our available opportunities, visit Micro Focus Careers.
#LI-SD1Micro Focus is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Prospective employees will receive consideration without discrimination because of race, colour, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, genetic information, citizenship or any other legally protected status.
Micro Focus Enables Modernization of Core Business Systems to Capture Incremental Value and Drive Business Transformation
Application Modernization and Connectivity (AMC) Portfolio Helps Customers Lower Cost, Improve Speed and Gives IT Flexibility to Future-Proof Investments
Micro Focus Launches New Data Protection Solutions for Virtualized and Hybrid IT Environment
Data Protector Express for Virtualized Environments and Data Protector Premium for Physical, Virtual, and Multi-cloud Workloads Improve Overall TCO for Customer
- Viewed jobs
- Featured jobs
- Saved jobs
Sorry, you do not have any saved jobs.