Our Professional Services organization is responsible for creating demand for our Software solutions through our consulting and advisory offerings; unlocking the value and maximizing the business return for our customers; and providing services that extend the usable life of our technology.
- Level: Mid
- Travel: Minimal
What makes a successful Professional Service Provider at Micro Focus? Check out the top traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix. Additional related traits listed below.
- Technologically Savvy
Paid Time Off
Life and Disability Insurance
Technical Support Engineer
The Customer Care / Technical Support organization seeks an ambitious technical support engineer to provide technical support and problem resolution for customers Micro Focus products and offerings - primarily Security and Monitoring products. The key skill-set is Windows focused, but familiarity with Linux is helpful.
The Technical Support Engineer will
- Troubleshoot and resolve complex, critical and sensitive support issues over the phone, electronically and occasionally on-site.
- Engage with next level support, development or product management.
- Recreate customer issues and if needed document solutions to known issues.
- Manage status and activity reporting to customer and other departments within the company.
- Be available for occasional weekend and after hours work.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor's degree in Information Systems, Computer Science or related degree (or equivalent experience).
- Ability to utilize a computer and software programs to understand and resolve technical product issues, locate potential software bugs, etc.
- Position requires a strong technical aptitude. Able to quickly learn and understand new technologies.
- Outstanding customer service skills (via phone, e-mail, chat, and in person). Ability to provide accurate and timely response and resolution to customer issues over the phone or electronically.
- Ability to appropriately handle tense/stressful customer situations regarding service outages and issue resolution - a core ethos of doing whatever is necessary to keep the customer happy
- Ability to troubleshoot and analyze complex issues and offer alternative solutions, making timely logical decisions based on overall customer needs.
- Position requires a strong sense of responsibility, self-motivation and the ability to prioritize and organize workload to complete multiple, simultaneous workloads.
- Highly developed interpersonal, oral and written communication skills in English. (Second language skills are a plus.)
- Ability to work in a dynamic team environment with other highly skilled, motivated team members
- Experience with heterogeneous networks and network operating systems such as Windows and Linux.
Skills and Knowledge
- Prior experience in front line technical support position highly desired or solid in shell usage and basic system commands.
- Windows expertise and familiarity with rpm based Linux systems
- Understanding of LPI1, CLP, RHCA, CompTIA Linux+ or equivalent (certification helpful)
- Solid understanding hardware architectures, predominantly x86 and x86_64.
- Good understanding of virtualization technologies (XEN, KVM, VMware, Hyper-V).
If you want to be part of what's next and find out more about our available opportunities, visit Micro Focus Careers.
#LI-SD1Micro Focus is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Prospective employees will receive consideration without discrimination because of race, colour, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, genetic information, citizenship or any other legally protected status.
Micro Focus Enables Modernization of Core Business Systems to Capture Incremental Value and Drive Business Transformation
Application Modernization and Connectivity (AMC) Portfolio Helps Customers Lower Cost, Improve Speed and Gives IT Flexibility to Future-Proof Investments
Micro Focus Launches New Data Protection Solutions for Virtualized and Hybrid IT Environment
Data Protector Express for Virtualized Environments and Data Protector Premium for Physical, Virtual, and Multi-cloud Workloads Improve Overall TCO for Customer
- Viewed jobs
- Featured jobs
- Saved jobs
Sorry, you do not have any saved jobs.