Technical Writer / Information Developer
Primary Location: Houston, TexasJob ID 2019305
Software Engineers are responsible for developing, modifying, designing, and testing of products, software, systems or process. Our products and systems are created with the intent to bridge the gap between existing and emerging IT—fast-tracking digital transformations across DevOps, HybridIT, Security, and Predictive Analytics. Our talented teams thrive on turning ideas into solutions that solve our customer's most complex enterprise-scale challenges. If you thrive on contributing to the next generation technology evolution, then we’re looking for innovators like you!
- Level: Mid
- Travel: Minimal
What makes a successful Software Engineer at Micro Focus? Check out the top traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix. Additional related traits listed below.
- Problem Solver
- Results Driven
- Team Player
- Technologically Savvy
Paid Time Off
Life and Disability Insurance
At Micro Focus, everything we do is based on a simple idea: The fastest way to get results is to build on what you have. Our software solutions enable organizations to do just that. Secure and scalable, with analytics built in, they bridge the gap between existing and emerging IT—fast-tracking digital transformations across DevOps, Hybrid IT, Security, and Predictive Analytics. In the race to innovate, Micro Focus customers have the clear advantage.
Our portfolio spans the following areas:
DevOps | IT Operations| Cloud | Security | Info Governance | Big Data, Machine Learning, & Analytics
In this role you will work on a strong information development team committed to deliver top-quality content using Madcap Flare, structured Adobe FrameMaker, or HTML.
As an Information Developer, you will:
- Develop technical written and visual content for commercial enterprise software.
- Deliver innovative content solutions including embedded user assistance, software guides, and Technical References using Madcap Flare, structured Adobe FrameMaker, or HTML.
- Conduct usability tests and user interface reviews. Create technical video tutorials using Adobe Captivate.
- Design, develop, and maintain content deliverables in many formats to best meet the users' needs
- Create products that conform to the company content and quality assurance standards
- Maintain virtual machines to install, configure, and use the products you are documenting
- Participate in backlog grooming, release planning, sprint planning, and design discussions as part of one or ore agile scrum teams
- Research and translate technical information into user-oriented information for non-technical and technical audiences
- Conduct usability tests and user interface reviews
- Create video tutorials to explain complex information
- Highly technical
- Strong ability to acquire, synthesize, and present technical Information
- Ability to understand customer knowledge level and produce content that meets customer needs
- Good command of grammar, spelling, and technical writing maxims
- Working knowledge of effective business communication
- Strong, self-motivated work ethic
- Highly intelligent, creative, and innovative
- Strong personal drive for quality
- Commercial software documentation experience in a team environment
- Knowledge of the information gathering and writing process for technical content
- Experience producing documentation in an agile development environment
- Working knowledge of principles for producing task-oriented documentation
- Experience in research through hands-on use of the products
- Ability to contribute to product usability, consistency, and presentation
- Must have Bachelor’s Degree.
- 10-15 years of relevant experience required.
Micro Focus Named a Leader in IDC MarketScape: Worldwide Enterprise Automated Software Quality 2017-2018 Vendor Assessment
Broad and deep portfolio of products for ASQ and DevOps drive position
Micro Focus Delivers Comprehensive, Integrated Data Protection for HPE ProLiant for Microsoft Azure Stack
Seamless Protection for Corporate Data Spanning Hybrid Cloud Deployments; Simplifies Backup and Restore Process
- Viewed jobs
- Featured jobs
- Saved jobs
Sorry, you do not have any saved jobs.