Security Presales Technical Consultant
Primary Location: Istanbul, IstanbulJob ID 7007037
Take charge of your future and join our dynamic, motivated sales team as we go to market with a best-in-class portfolio that will help shape the world’s software landscape. Presales Consultants use their technical expertise and relationship skills to define, develop & support the sales pursuit with our account teams across our extensive list of market leading customers. You will drive the long term success for our customers by leveraging the rich portfolio of Micro Focus solutions, bridging old and new technologies to solve strategic business issues.
- Level: Mid
- Travel: Yes (frequent)
What makes a successful Presales Consultant at Micro Focus? Check out the top traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix. Additional related traits listed below.
- Technologically savvy
Paid Time Off
Work Life Balance
Employee Stock Purchase Plan
Micro Focus Security –Security Presales Technical Consultant
Micro Focus is seeking a highly motivated and qualified professional for a Presales Consultant role to be based in Istanbul, Turkey. Micro Focus Cyber Security is in a leadership position in the IT industry, based on SIEM and Risk Analytics, Application Security Testing, Data Security and Management, Identity & Access Security (IAS) solutions, uniquely addressing SOC, secure DevOps and GDPR requirements.
As a Micro Focus Presales Consultant, you will possess exceptional presentation, written and verbal skills. You will ideally be familiar with the entire Micro Focus Security Product portfolio and have a technical main focus on ArcSight and secondary on IAS. You will have a deep understanding of security principles, architectures and design, industry landscape and trends.
You will be joining an extremely motivated sales team, playing a key role as subject matter expert in state of the art security spaces. You will be responsible for a wide range of presales activities including:
- Product presentation and technical deep diving to prospects, customers and partners
- Conducting and documenting successful PoCs and live demos of ArcSight SIEM/Log Management solutions mainly and Micro Focus Identity and Access Security solutions
- Addressing RFI/RFP/RFQ responses in an extensive, formally excellent and timely manner
- Customization and localization of product documentation
- Keeping a healthy and positive relationship with key customers and partners, meeting them regularly and keeping them up to date with the latest product releases and new features
- Representing Micro Focus at trade shows and events, also as public speaker
- Generally speaking representing Micro Focus in the specific market with a high standing and leadership.
Besides the product specialization required and explained above, the selected candidate will be trained about the entire Security, Risk management and Governance portfolio.
Basic requirements are:
- 5 to 10 years of field experience as presales engineer in the information security market or security specialist
- Ability to understand, write and troubleshoot Scripts (RegEx, Perl, Phyton)
- Robust knowledge of information security fundamentals, market analysis and product verticals (architectural design, technology, hands-on)
- Excellent skills in SIEM/Log Management and Threat Intelligence presentation, implementation, customization, troubleshooting
- Good knowledge of Linux and Windows Operating Systems, RDBMS, networking fundamentals, and container based deployment technology via Docker/Kubernetes
- Ability to communicate the value of the solution in terms of financial return and impact on customer business goals
- Good knowledge of and relationship to the local IT security market up to C-level (system integrators, resellers, distributors are a plus)
Considered as a plus:
- Existing hands-on skills on Micro Focus ArcSight (preferred) or another market leading SIEM.
- CISSP, CISM, CEH, or CCSK certifications
- Programming experience in C++, Java or other object oriented programming language
- Experience as SOC Analyst, Consultant or Manager
- Experience in Identity Management and Governance, Access Management and PAM
- Open-minded, keen to learn and share, flexible thinker
- Strong Demonstration and Presentation skills
- Self-responsible, creative and proactive in managing time-bond tasks and concurrent requests coming from the larger sales team
- Confident in diving into different scenarios: from C-level meetings to bits & bytes bake-off against competitors
- Turkish mother tongue and fluent spoken and written English required
The position is based in Istanbul, Turkey and travelling is required for approx. 30% of working time, mainly throughout Turkey and Greece.
Micro Focus is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Prospective employees will receive consideration without discrimination because of race, colour, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, genetic information, citizenship or any other legally protected status.
Micro Focus Named a Leader in Gartner’s 2018 Magic Quadrant for Application Security Testing
Company Assessment Based on its Ability to Execute and Completeness of Vision
Meeting the Challenges of Change – The Micro Focus Timeline
It's a fast moving world, standing still is a step backwards and evolution is about keeping pace with change. The Micro Focus strategy of evolution through selective acquisitions, ensures we will continue to enable our customers to meet the Challenges of Change.
- Viewed jobs
- Featured jobs
- Saved jobs
Sorry, you do not have any saved jobs.