Technical ConsultantApply Job ID 7002030 Date posted 11/27/2017 Location Melbourne, Victoria, Australia Schedule Full time Shift Standard Monthly (Australia)
Discover the new Micro Focus – now the world’s 7th largest pure-play software company. By combining HPE Software and Micro Focus offerings, we have built a brand new company with a stronger, bigger portfolio that delivers customer-centered innovation. We are now uniquely positioned to help enterprise customers solve their most pressing business problems and operate in the Hybrid environment—from mainframe to mobile to cloud.
Our portfolio spans the following areas:
DevOps | IT Operations| Cloud | Security | Information Governance | Big Data, Machine Learning, and Analytics
High Level Role Description
We are looking for hands on Technology Consultants to join the new Micro Focus team in partnering with key clients. You will play an integral part in the solution implementation & success of these exciting & rewarding programs of work.
The successful applicant is required to have a proven track record in the following key attributes:
- Responsible for verifying and implementing the detailed technical design solution to the problem as identified by the Project/Technical Manager.
- Often responsible for providing a detailed technical design for enterprise solutions.
- Will act as Principal Consultant who analyzes and develops enterprise technology solutions.
- Regularly leads in the technical assessment and delivery of specific technical solutions to the customer. Provides a team structure conducive to high performance, and manages the team lifecycle stages.
- Coordinates implementation of new installations, designs, and migrations for technology solutions in one of the following work domains: networks, applications or platforms.
- Provides advanced technical consulting and advice to others on proposal efforts, solution design, system management, tuning and modification of solutions.
- Provides input to the company strategy moving forward.
- Collects and determines data from appropriate sources to assist in determining customer needs and requirements.
- Responds to requests for technical information from customers.
- Develops customer technology solutions using various industry products and technologies.
- Engages in technical problem solving across multiple technologies; often needs to develop new methods to apply to the situation.
- Owns and manages knowledge sharing within a community (e.g. team, practice, or project). Ensures team members support knowledge sharing and re-use requirements of project. Contributes significant knowledge to job family community.
- Proactively encourages membership and contributions of others to professional community and coaches others in area of expertise. Regularly produces internally published material such as knowledge briefs, service delivery kit components and modules, etc. Presents at multi-customer technology conferences.
- Creates and supports sales activities. Manages bids, or major input into the sales lifecycle. Manages activities and provides qualitative and quantitative information for successful sales. Produces complete proposals for smaller engagements within area of expertise. Actively grows the company portfolio with existing customers through new opportunities and change management.
- Assists with multiple customers.
- Leads and/or provides expertise to functional project teams and may participate in cross-functional initiatives.
- Sustained and consistent contribution at the work group level.
- Medium to large project/programs, multiple client sites and management organizations.
Must Have Skills & Experience:
- NV1 clearance is requirement for the role
- Experience working on ITIL/ITSM solutions in a technical consulting role, ideally with Micro Focus toolset
- Demonstrable experience in a customer-facing role drawing out requirements, creating designs & delivering projects at a senior level
- Excellent consultative, interpersonal communication skills, requirements analysis & design skills, including documentation & communication skills
- Experience across ITIL service support processes within an organisation (Incident, Problem, Change) is essential
- Solid technical requirements analysis & ability to translate into application workflow logic or configurations
- Collaborate with project managers to ensure effective and efficient delivery including providing direction to team activities and facilitates information validation and decision making process
- Strong knowledge & experience of other commercially available ITSM software application, such as BMC Remedy, CA Service Desk, Infra, FrontRange Solutions ITSM or Service Now including technical activities such as:
- Requirements gathering and solution design
- Software installation
- Configuration & customization to design/requirements
- Problem identification and resolution
- ITIL v2/3 Foundations certificationis a plus
- Education and Experience:
- At least 8 years of professional experience and a Bachelor of Arts/Science or equivalent degree in computer science or related area of study; without a degree, three additional years of relevant professional experience (11+ years in total).
- Total utilization (Billable + Bid)
- Client satisfaction, including Project success, KPIs compliance, MOC
- Margin improvement during delivery
- Business development - upsell, cross sell within existing opportunities
We have been made aware of people posing as Micro Focus recruiters or part of the Human Resources team and making contact about job opportunities and extending job offers via text message, instant message or chat rooms. These job postings and offers are fraudulent and these people are in no way affiliated with Micro Focus. Read More