Primary Location: Montreal, QuebecJob ID 2019138
Software Engineers are responsible for developing, modifying, designing, and testing of products, software, systems or process. Our products and systems are created with the intent to bridge the gap between existing and emerging IT—fast-tracking digital transformations across DevOps, HybridIT, Security, and Predictive Analytics. Our talented teams thrive on turning ideas into solutions that solve our customer's most complex enterprise-scale challenges. If you thrive on contributing to the next generation technology evolution, then we’re looking for innovators like you!
- Level: Mid
- Travel: Minimal
What makes a successful Software Engineer at Micro Focus? Check out the top traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix. Additional related traits listed below.
- Problem Solver
- Results Driven
- Team Player
- Technologically Savvy
Paid Time Off
Life and Disability Insurance
At Micro Focus, everything we do is based on a simple idea: The fastest way to get results is to build on what you have. Our software solutions enable organizations to do just that. Secure and scalable, with analytics built in, they bridge the gap between existing and emerging IT—fast-tracking digital transformations across DevOps, Hybrid IT, Security, and Predictive Analytics. In the race to innovate, Micro Focus customers have the clear advantage.
Our portfolio spans the following areas:
DevOps | IT Operations| Cloud | Security | Info Governance | Big Data, Machine Learning, & Analytics
Micro Focus is seeking an energetic, self-driven Software Engineer.
Our customer base consists of highly regulated industries like Government, Education,
Healthcare and Financial Services. GWAVA provides solutions that meet and exceed the
archiving, compliance, and security demands for these organizations. Retain Unified Archiving
meets their needs as a value added archiving solution which enables these highly regulated
industries to meet complex archiving compliance standards. This is critical to our customers, as
many compliance standards and regulations cannot be met with the built in archiving solutions
offered by Office 365, Exchange Online, and Gmail.
Retain provides unified archiving of all business communication including email, social media,
instant messaging, web search and mobile communication data for case assessment, search,
and eDiscovery. It can be deployed on-prem or in the cloud.
We are seeking a talented engineer to work on further development of Retain.
To be successful in this role you'll need the following in your background:
- 8+ years of experience as Java developer
- Working experience with scalable, highly available applications in a cloud hosted environment such as Amazon Web Services.
- Strong experience with Spring, Hibernate and Open source frameworks.
- Work experience with AWS SDK, EC2, RDS, IAM, Elasticache, CloudWatch, Derby etc.
- Strong knowledge of database concepts
- Strong knowledge of Rest / SOAP
- Working experience with JQuery, GWT, Open JPA, RestEasy.
- Experience with containers
- Working experience with applications in a cloud hosted environment such as Azure and Google
- Understanding of Service-oriented architecture
- Working experience with MySQL, PostgreSQL, Microsoft SQL, and/or Oracle databases
- Knowledge of messaging systems such as Office 365, Exchange, Gmail and GroupWise
- Knowledge of collaboration systems such as SharePoint and Vibe
- Working knowledge of Agile Scrum process.
- Working experience with VMware virtualization.
Micro Focus Named a Leader in IDC MarketScape: Worldwide Enterprise Automated Software Quality 2017-2018 Vendor Assessment
Broad and deep portfolio of products for ASQ and DevOps drive position
Micro Focus Delivers Comprehensive, Integrated Data Protection for HPE ProLiant for Microsoft Azure Stack
Seamless Protection for Corporate Data Spanning Hybrid Cloud Deployments; Simplifies Backup and Restore Process
- Viewed jobs
- Featured jobs
- Saved jobs
Sorry, you do not have any saved jobs.