Worldwide Vice President of License VerificationJob ID 7007389 Date posted 01/28/2019 Location Newbury, England, United Kingdom Other Locations District of Columbia,United States of America;Georgia,United States of America;Illinois,United States of America;Massachusetts,United States of America;New York,United States of America Schedule Full time Shift First Shift (United Kingdom)
Worldwide Vice President of License Verification.
Micro Focus is the 7th largest pure play Software Company in the world providing customers with a best-in-class portfolio of enterprise-grade scalable software with analytics built-in. Micro Focus puts customers at the center of its innovation and builds high quality products that customers can rely on and its teams can be proud of.
Micro Focus are focused in 4 specific solution areas;
- Hybrid IT
- Security and Risk Management
- Predictive Analytics
About the Role
The Worldwide Vice President of License Verification will manage the overall License Verification function to protect the value and integrity of Micro Focus intellectual property reporting to the Executive Vice President responsible for Support, Maintenance, Professional Services and License Verification. The WW VP owns the overall P&L, LV GTM, and LV Strategy with end to end accountability for the business.
The License Verification organization’s focus is to protect the value and integrity of Micro Focus intellectual property and ensure license compliance across the Micro Focus business, unlock the value and maximize the business return from licensing agreements with our customers and engage with customers to resolve any licensing issues quickly, amicably and commercially, with minimum disruption to our customer’s business.
The Worldwide Vice President of License Verification will be responsible for:
- Leadership of the License Verification Go-To-Market (LV GTM) function.
- Deliver the Revenue budget on a quarterly and annual basis
- Drive strong planning, pipeline development and sales cadence across the whole business to ensure sufficient opportunity is identified and pipeline created for an ongoing sustainable business
- Drive the LV GTM to deliver on a monthly and quarterly bookings performance, providing sufficient backlog to meet the revenue budgets
- Follow a strong operating model and drive a close interlock with the Sales organization, Support, Renewals, and Professional Services Teams to fuel an ongoing pipeline of engagement with customers who may be at risk of noncompliance. Work across teams to drive CFR, LFR and MFR in line with the company’s EBITDA objectives.
- Overall responsibility for the P&L of the business on a WW basis
- Deliver on the Revenue Margin budget on a quarterly and annual basis
- Drive a clear and consistent business cadence to ensure revenue forecasts are accurate and at the required levels
- Ensure risk and upsides for revenue are clearly understood and managed through the financial period to provide a consistent, predictable and stable performance
- Manage costs in line with profitability goals and take action where required.
- Ensure effective levers to drive revenue generation are in place
- Maintain/retain the required number of resources to ensure a sufficient number of audit starts to drive pipeline and revenue generation in line with LV targets and allocated budgets
- Overall accountability for the license verification function driving best practice and strong review outcomes
- Streamline policies for pre-launch approval (i.e., sales approval)
- Maximize interlock with the Sales, Support, Services teams to increase number of nominations
- Maximize strategic deal / cross-sell opportunities
- Ensure effective negotiation policies are in place and remove any bottlenecks in review process.
- Customer Engagement and Sponsorship
- Act as an Executive Sponsor to key accounts and projects taking personal accountability for the success with customer senior executives
- Personal engagement in key customers and projects to assist throughout the projects.
- Business Planning
- Lead Quarterly Business Reviews of the business with clear executive updates on action plans
- Drive and deliver on the Revenue Plan for the business
- Lead the annual business planning process coordinating both LV and non-LV stakeholders in line with the business strategy.
- License Verification Strategy
- Provide leadership and vision for the License Verification business
- Create and drive a successful strategy for the License Verification business that is in line with the company overall strategy and EBITDA targets.
- Communications and Employee engagement
- Develop a strong employee engagement plan, including employee communications, development programs, talent management, enablement and skills development.
- Year One Critical Success Factors will include, but not be limited to:
- Delivering on the Revenue target and performance plan that has been developed for the License Verification organization
- Driving the LV GTM to discover, qualify, and negotiate over-deployment and/or misuse of Micro Focus intellectual property to deliver the revenue budget in a sustainable manner
- Developing and executing on the long term strategy for the License Verification business within Micro Focus
Education and Experience
- The successful Worldwide Vice President License Verification will be a highly successful executive with a proven record of running a large scale software organization across a broad portfolio in an international environment.
- BA Degree, or equivalent, is required.
Skills and Knowledge
The ideal candidate will possess the following experience:
- General management and extensive global P&L responsibilities in the enterprise software / licensing market having met or exceeded revenue targets of $200m.
- Leadership of a large multi country organization of more than 100 people with diverse roles and responsibilities.
- Extensive sales and sales leadership skills and ability to drive a large scale GTM function.
- Outstanding strategic capabilities evidenced by a track record of solution and business model innovation accelerating growth and revenue.
- Proven software / licensing experience with a deep understanding of a software licensing business, the levers and operating models.
- Demonstrable knowledge of Services strategy and development and implementation of plans to develop and improve the performance of the business.
- Strong customer and commercial skills on large scale pursuits and project delivery. Ability to work at an executive level and build strong relationships and engagement.
- Superior communication and presentation skills. Ability to engage and communicate with a global organization.
- Ability to use influencing and collaboration skills across the organization together with a natural drive to move things forward and push for execution excellence.
- A clear understanding of the Software Industry especially software licensing and managing licensing agreements with customers
- Strong personal drive and high energy.
- Ability and interest in significant (70%) travel to meet with customers around the world.
If you want to be part of what's next and find out more about our available opportunities, visit Micro Focus Careers.
- Viewed jobs
- Featured jobs
- Saved jobs
Sorry, you do not have any saved jobs.