ADM Account Executive New South Wales
North Sydney, AustraliaJob ID 7004181
Take charge of your future and join our dynamic, motivated sales team as we go to market with a best-in-class portfolio that will help shape the world’s software landscape. Field Sales Account Specialists determine the long-term strategic view and vision of each account. You will drive the sales pursuit across our portfolio of market leading customers who look to Micro Focus Software solutions to bridge their old and new technologies to solve strategic business issues.
- Full Time
- Level: Mid
- Travel: Yes (frequent)
What makes a successful Field Sales Account Specialists at Micro Focus? Check out the top traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix. Additional related traits listed below.
- Relationship expertise 10
- Results-driven 10
- Problem-solver 6
- Strategic 8
- Persuasive 6
- Communicator 6
- Technologically savvy
- Team player
Paid Time Off
Work Life Balance
Employee Stock Purchase Plan
At Micro Focus, everything we do is based on a simple idea: The fastest way to get results is to build on what you have. Our software solutions enable organizations to do just that. Secure and scalable, with analytics built in, they bridge the gap between existing and emerging IT—fast-tracking digital transformations across DevOps, Hybrid IT, Security, and Predictive Analytics. In the race to innovate, Micro Focus customers have the clear advantage.
Our portfolio spans the following areas:
DevOps | IT Operations| Cloud | Security | Info Governance | Big Data, Machine Learning, & Analytics
Serves as the business sales lead for an enterprise account or other large accounts, and may also act as the account lead for a substantial area of a Corporate Account. Understands a client’s critical business priorities and supporting IT challenges and requirements. Focuses on driving value for the client, while maximizing competitive share, revenue, and margin for the company. Identifies, qualifies, and closes new business that results in substantial incremental revenue and margins to the company in addition to maintaining and expanding existing product and solution offerings. Responsible for representing company’s portfolio of products and services in a concise, relevant way that resonates with customers and highlights company’s key competitive strengths to drive a purchase decision. Accountable for achieving sales goals. May coordinate the overall account management activities with other company Business Organizations. May also be supported by presales, product/service specialists and inside sales support resources. These jobs focus on selling to customers, typically through work that occurs outside ‘the company’s’ offices.
- Builds strong professional working C- level relationships with the client. Establishes a high level of personal credibility as a trusted advisor to key client executives.
- Leverages executive sponsors and other company resources to strengthen company's relationship and credibility with client influencers and decision makers.
- Engages in the Relationship Assessment Program (RAP) where possible. Implements TCE initiatives that improve the customer loyalty index.
- Researches and understands the client's industry. Deeply understands client business strategies and challenges.
- Acts as a trusted advisor to client leaders, aggressively shapes deals early in the sales cycle.
- Advances opportunities that result in profitable revenue growth for the company.
- Demonstrates breadth and depth of knowledge in aligning company capabilities to client business and IT priorities, and positioning relative to competitors.
- Leverages existing engagements and run-rate business to seed and grow new opportunities.
- Advocates for client needs during sales cycle and in addressing any delivery issues.
- Maintains high-level of customer loyalty and builds trust and integrity, as indicated in company conducted surveys and reports.
- Builds and executes an Account Business Plan (ABP) that includes both transactional and strategic initiatives to grow the company's presence and share in the account.
- Actively drives ABP results through effective account management and reviews.
- Builds and orchestrates sales pipeline activity. Ensures active nurturing of deals and movement of opportunities to close.
- Identifies, nurtures, and closes new solution opportunities that result in substantial growth in company share, revenues, and margin.
- Represents the entire company portfolio of products and services.
- Facilitates/engages with Solution Opportunity Approval & Review process (SOAR).
- Proactively protects company's position and claims company leadership positions in strategic and emerging solution areas.
- Proactively engages and manages partners to strengthen solution capabilities and drive greater value for the client and the company.
- Meets or exceeds quarterly and annual revenue & margin quotas. Uses margin management techniques.
- Participates in/drives account Team Management.
- Orchestrates all company resources and sponsorship essential for executing the account business plan.
- Engages and manages team members in presales, sales specialists and inside sales to support complex deals.
- Drives integrated planning and execution; coordinates both sales and BU delivery organizations to ensure aligned client engagement and service.
- Proactively engages executive sponsors to build a strategic relationship and favorably positions long- term business opportunities for the company.
- Engages company sales specialists, channel and alliance partners to fully leverage company's portfolio. Proactively engages partners to define and pursue joint growth opportunities with the account.
- Interfaces with both internal and external industry experts to anticipate client needs, drive industry mindshare, and facilitate solution development.
- Drives the account internationally/Globally.
Education and Experience Required:
- Same as previous plus.
- Typically 12+ years account management experience.
- Extraordinarily strong track record of account management and sales performance.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Uses consultative, solution selling and business development skills at the CXO level to align the client's business needs with the company's solutions.
- Highly developed business development and negotiation skills at the CXO level.
- Focuses on client's key business challenges and drivers to position himself/herself as a trusted advisor at the CxO level.
- Advocates for client needs in negotiating solution sales and troubleshooting solution delivery issues.
- Submits timely and accurate forecasts and continually coaches team to do same.
- Account/Team Leadership.
- Creates an account governance plan where EAM identifies, and leads the account team appropriately for the client's needs and styles to continue to move a deal forward.
- Coaches teams on their individual contribution to their success in achieving the targeted business results.
- Strong coaching and team leadership skills.
- In-depth knowledge of client's business, organizational structure, business processes and financial structure.
- Develops a comprehensive business- case approach in crafting client proposals and in company internal requests for resource andor investments.
- Attracts, leads, and retains global resources.
- Expertise in managing end-to-end sales processes involving complex, multi-portfolio, large deals.
- Demonstrates strong presentation and communication skills at the client CEO level.
- Adheres to SBC and company's code of ethics.
- Deep knowledge of the vertical industry and the client's position, challenges and strategy within the industry including security, risk and compliance issues.
- Keeps abreast of industry trends as related to opportunities to create added value for the client.
- Demonstrates strong presentation and communication skills.
- Applies IT best practices specific to the client's industry.
- Knows the company's broad portfolio and how to integrate different solutions, or engages the appropriate resources, to create unique and innovative solutions for the customer.
- Is considered an expert in knowledge of basic enhanced products, solution or service offerings as well as competitor's offerings to be able to sell large solutions.
- Uses expertise in specialty, consultative, solution selling and business development skills to align the client's business needs with solution.
- Demonstrates leadership and initiative in successfully driving specialty sales in accounts- prospecting, negotiating and closing deals.
- Demonstrates a successful ability to leverage company's portfolio of products and services to change the playing field against our competition.
- Expert in the sale of IT services and outsourcing.
ERP points: 2500 points
Micro Focus Named a Leader in Gartner’s 2018 Magic Quadrant for Application Security Testing
Company Assessment Based on its Ability to Execute and Completeness of VisionRead More
Meeting the Challenges of Change – the Micro Focus Timeline
It's a fast moving world, standing still is a step backwards and evolution is about keeping pace with change. The Micro Focus strategy of evolution through selective acquisitions, ensures we will continue to enable our customers to meet the Challenges of Change.Learn More
About our Location
Find out what it’s like to live and work in North Sydney.View our Location