Corporate Strategy Senior Manager,Apply Job ID 7002473 Date posted 01/09/2018 Location Plano, Texas, United States Schedule Full time Shift No shift premium (United States of America)
Discover the new Micro Focus – now the world’s 7th largest pure-play software company. By combining HPE Software and Micro Focus offerings, we have built a brand new company with a stronger, bigger portfolio that delivers customer-centered innovation. We are now uniquely positioned to help enterprise customers solve their most pressing business problems and operate in the Hybrid environment—from mainframe to mobile to cloud.
Our portfolio spans the following areas:
DevOps | IT Operations| Cloud | Security | Info Governance | Big Data, Machine Learning, & Analytics
Take charge of your future and join our dynamic, motivated sales strategy team as we go to market with a best-in-class portfolio that will help shape the world’s software landscape. #discoverthenew
Micro Focus is seeking an energetic, self-driven enterprise software Corporate Strategy Senior Manager to help define high-impact, long-term (i.e., 2-5+ year horizon) business strategies at the corporate, business, and/or regional levels.
Corporate Strategy Senior Manager,
- partners with senior management to identify existing operational and new business opportunities, including market development, investment prioritization, and Mergers & Acquisitions and other growth strategies.
- monmonitors external factors during strategic development, including market forces, macro/microeconomic factors, and competitive implications.
- works with and manages cross-functional project teams.
- conducts rigorous, data-driven analyses to diagnose the current state and model future outcomes for business performance.
- develops recommendations for senior management based on competitive market, financial, statistical, and economic trend data.
- manages corporate strategy initiatives and participates in communicating the strategy to the client organization.
You will be responsible for
- Researching tools, and analyses required to achieve objectives for large, complex business strategy projects.
- Analytical approaches and developing project strategies and tactics.
- Developing recommendations for optimizing business and financial performance.
- Managing large, cross- functional teams and communications to facilitate projects and ensure timely delivery to clients.
- Leading the development of project guidelines, contingency plans, objectives, and deliverables.
- Consulting with business executives on a wide range of issues related to the strategy formulation process, including risk management and new growth opportunities.
- Providing thought leadership and contributing to he knowledge base within area of expertise which includes developing new methods, techniques and criteria for developing strategy analysis and recommendations.
- Collaborating across businesses, functions, and regions to align strategy and direction with corporate and divisional approaches, systems, information and support.
Education and Experience Required:
- Typically 8-12 years total experience, often with 4-7 years post- advanced degree experience leading projects, deals, and company financial improvement initiatives in management consulting, corporate strategy, investment banking, or market research.
- Advanced university degree (e.g., MBA) or demonstrable equivalent.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Excellent analytical thinking, analysis, and problem solving skills
- Ability to communicate abstract ideas clearly and independently manage complex project objectives
- Extensive knowledge of and ability to manage statistical analysis and financial modeling.
- Advanced business acumen, technical knowledge within at multiple business units, and extensive knowledge in applications and technologies.
- Superior group facilitation, interviewing, and influence skills.
- Excellent project management skills, including project structuring and managing multiple work streams independently.
- Strong relationship management skills, including partnering and consulting.
- Ability to identify and draw on leading-edge analytical tools and techniques to develop creative approaches and new insights to client issues.
- Ability to independently draft and present client deliverables, recommendations, and communications strategies.
The Unique Value of Micro Focus
At Micro Focus we provide our customers with a best-in-class portfolio of enterprise-grade scalable software with analytics built in. We put customers at the center of our innovation and build high quality products that our teams can be proud of.
Through our breadth of solutions, we are uniquely positioned to help our customers solve business problems and deliver against the needs and opportunities of Hybrid IT, from mainframe to mobile to cloud. We’re a pure-play software company –we have a level of focus that other technology companies don’t have, we are designed from the ground up to build, sell and support software.
We also have the strong operational foundation, proven over a combined 40 years of experience, to deliver on our commitments to our customers. Our scale is global—we have the reach and the capabilities to support customers in a global market. We are the 7th largest software company in the world, and the largest technology company listed on the FTSE. With 4,000 employees working on R&D, we can focus on innovating in solving the most complex technology problems for customers.
At its heart, Hybrid IT is about letting customers choose what’s right for them, without the need to compromise. Our job is to help them, and to enable that hybrid model to bridge the old and the new to maximize the value of existing investments.
If you want to be part of what's next and find out more about our available opportunities, visit Micro Focus Careers.