Security Operations and Applications Support Engineer
Primary Location: Pleasanton, CaliforniaJob ID 7005780
Our Professional Services organization is responsible for creating demand for our Software solutions through our consulting and advisory offerings; unlocking the value and maximizing the business return for our customers; and providing services that extend the usable life of our technology.
- Level: Mid
- Travel: Minimal
What makes a successful Professional Service Provider at Micro Focus? Check out the top traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix. Additional related traits listed below.
- Technologically Savvy
Paid Time Off
Life and Disability Insurance
At Micro Focus, everything we do is based on a simple idea: The fastest way to get results is to build on what you have. Our software solutions enable organizations to do just that. Secure and scalable, with analytics built in, they bridge the gap between existing and emerging IT—fast-tracking digital transformations across DevOps, Hybrid IT, Security, and Predictive Analytics. In the race to innovate, Micro Focus customers have the clear advantage.
Our portfolio spans the following areas:
DevOps | IT Operations| Cloud | Security | Info Governance | Big Data, Machine Learning, & Analytics
The Security Operations Support engineer will support security and compliance initiatives to meet regulatory, corporate and customer regulations and requirements. The position will receive general supervision and will require the individual to be a self-starter and manage their day-to-day activity, escalations, and questions. The individual will be required to prioritize requests based on urgency, risk, business impact, and customer commitments to insure all services and support are functioning while meeting Security and Regulatory requirements. In addition to support responsibilities, the individual will complete assigned projects and reports within specified timelines.
- Provide level 3 and 4 support of the User Access and logging control systems for Linux and Windows based systems
- Planning & organizing changes within the SaaS Digital Safe environment related to security and compliance regulations projects
- Support project managers/engineers in developing, operating and supporting projects to meet Regulatory, Customer and internal security and compliance requirements
- Communication to internal customers/teams in relation to security and compliance projects and incidents
- Participating in the culture of continual service improvement within the Digital Safe security operations team
Education & experience required:
- 5+ years of System Administration experience supporting Linux and Windows based systems including security related activities to secure and harden Linux and Windows environments
- Ability to troubleshoot and resolve hardware and software as well as scripting problems
- Experience supporting and administering identity management controls for both Linux and Windows, IDM/IPA and Active Directory
- Experience supporting Role Based Access controls to address separation of duties and principal of least privileges
- Experience with user access and logging tools/packages including but not limited to sudo, rsyslog, auditd, kerberos, and ldap
- Experience with patching and hardening Linux and Windows operating systems utilizing standard OS tools including but not limited to yum and HP SA
- Experience with virtualization technologies including Xen, KVM, and VMware
- Bachelor Degree in a related field or equivalent experience
Knowledge & skills in any of the following are an advantage:
- Creating and maintaining scripts, PERL, python and bash
- Configuration management tools, chef, SALT Stack.
- Log management tools, ArcSight, Splunk or similar
- Linux or Security certifications
- Knowledge of security and regulatory requirements including SOC2 and HIPPA
- Database querying/administration, PostgreSQL, MS SQL, mysql
- Network security.
- Supporting Java based applications
Micro Focus is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Prospective employees will receive consideration without discrimination because of race, colour, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, genetic information, citizenship or any other legally protected status.
Micro Focus Enables Modernization of Core Business Systems to Capture Incremental Value and Drive Business Transformation
Application Modernization and Connectivity (AMC) Portfolio Helps Customers Lower Cost, Improve Speed and Gives IT Flexibility to Future-Proof Investments
Micro Focus Launches New Data Protection Solutions for Virtualized and Hybrid IT Environment
Data Protector Express for Virtualized Environments and Data Protector Premium for Physical, Virtual, and Multi-cloud Workloads Improve Overall TCO for Customer
- Viewed jobs
- Featured jobs
- Saved jobs
Sorry, you do not have any saved jobs.