Senior Software Engineer
Pleasanton, CaliforniaJob ID 7005402
Software Engineers are responsible for developing, modifying, designing, and testing of products, software, systems or process. Our products and systems are created with the intent to bridge the gap between existing and emerging IT—fast-tracking digital transformations across DevOps, HybridIT, Security, and Predictive Analytics. Our talented teams thrive on turning ideas into solutions that solve our customer's most complex enterprise-scale challenges. If you thrive on contributing to the next generation technology evolution, then we’re looking for innovators like you!
- Level: Mid
- Travel: Minimal
What makes a successful Software Engineer at Micro Focus? Check out the top traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix. Additional related traits listed below.
- Problem Solver
- Results Driven
- Team Player
- Technologically Savvy
Paid Time Off
Life and Disability Insurance
At Micro Focus, everything we do is based on a simple idea: The fastest way to get results is to build on what you have. Our software solutions enable organizations to do just that. Secure and scalable, with analytics built in, they bridge the gap between existing and emerging IT—fast-tracking digital transformations across DevOps, Hybrid IT, Security, and Predictive Analytics. In the race to innovate, Micro Focus customers have the clear advantage.
Our portfolio spans the following areas:
DevOps | IT Operations| Cloud | Security | Info Governance | Big Data, Machine Learning, & Analytics
Micro Focus Digital Safe is a secure cloud based archiving product.
Digital Safe provides intelligent insight across all data types and content sources to support compliance, mitigate risk, increase IT efficiency, and legal preparedness. Micro Focus hosts one of the world’s largest private cloud.
Analyzes, designs, programs, debugs, and modifies software enhancements and/or new products used in local, networked, or Internet- related computer programs, primarily for end users. Using current programming language and technologies, writes code, completes programming, and performs testing and debugging of applications. Completes documentation and procedures for installation and maintenance. May interact with users to define system requirements and/or necessary modifications.
- Designs enhancements, updates, and programming changes for portions and subsystems of end-user applications software running on local, networked, and Internet- based platforms.
- Analyzes design and determines coding, programming, and integration activities required based on general objectives and knowledge of overall architecture of product or solution.
- Writes and executes complete testing plans, protocols, and documentation for assigned portion of application; identifies and debugs, and creates solutions for issues with code and integration into application architecture.
- Leads a project team of other software applications engineers and internal and outsourced development partners to develop reliable, cost effective and high quality solutions for assigned applications portion or subsystem.
- Collaborates and communicates with management, internal, and outsourced development partners regarding software applications design status, project progress, and issue resolution.
- Represents the software applications engineering team for all phases of larger and more-complex development projects.
- Provides guidance and mentoring to less- experienced staff members.
Education and Experience Required:
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or equivalent
- Typically 4-6 years of experience
Knowledge and Skills:
- Ability to design and implement complex Software applications using Core Java/J2EE.
- Proficient in developing, running and troubleshooting applications on Linux Operating System.
- Software applications testing methodology, including execution of test plans, debugging, and writing Junit tests and ability to write tools in Python/Shell
- Expertise with any of the Search Technologies such as Lucene, Elastic Search, Solr preferred.
- Hands on experience with any Relational Database such as PostgreSQL and NoSQL databases such as Cassandra, Redis etc.
- Experience developing RESTful Web services using JSON messages.
- Must have experience with code version control systems such as Git/Svn/Perforce
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; mastery in English and local language. Ability to effectively communicate product architectures, design proposals and negotiate options at management levels.
Micro Focus Named a Leader in IDC MarketScape: Worldwide Enterprise Automated Software Quality 2017-2018 Vendor Assessment
Broad and deep portfolio of products for ASQ and DevOps drive position
Micro Focus Delivers Comprehensive, Integrated Data Protection for HPE ProLiant for Microsoft Azure Stack
Seamless Protection for Corporate Data Spanning Hybrid Cloud Deployments; Simplifies Backup and Restore Process