Senior Systems Engineer
Primary Location: Pleasanton, CaliforniaJob ID 7005247
Software Engineers are responsible for developing, modifying, designing, and testing of products, software, systems or process. Our products and systems are created with the intent to bridge the gap between existing and emerging IT—fast-tracking digital transformations across DevOps, HybridIT, Security, and Predictive Analytics. Our talented teams thrive on turning ideas into solutions that solve our customer's most complex enterprise-scale challenges. If you thrive on contributing to the next generation technology evolution, then we’re looking for innovators like you!
- Level: Mid
- Travel: Minimal
What makes a successful Software Engineer at Micro Focus? Check out the top traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix. Additional related traits listed below.
- Problem Solver
- Results Driven
- Team Player
- Technologically Savvy
Paid Time Off
Life and Disability Insurance
Micro Focus is seeking an energetic, self-driven, highly motivated Senior Systems Engineer for our Pleasanton, California site. A Senior Systems Engineer in the DevOps team for Digital Safe defines the platform and systems to run the application including operating systems, file system, networks, utilities and databases. They also determine hardware compatibility and define the hardware design for an enterprise SaaS solution hosting hundreds of PB of data.
The role combines investigation, analysis, recommendation, configuration and testing of new platforms as well as serving as an escalation point in support of the existing platform.
The role includes working with the development team on the application to automate delivery of a SaaS application and ensure stability of the platform. A certain degree of creativity and latitude and a positive attitude are required.
- Leads multiple project teams of other Systems Engineers and internal and outsourced development partners responsible for all stages of design and development for complex products and platforms, including solution design, analysis, coding, testing, and integration.
- Manages and expands relationships with internal and outsourced development partners on software systems design and development.
- Reviews and evaluates designs and project activities for compliance with systems design and development guidelines and standards; provides tangible feedback to improve product quality and mitigate failure risk.
- Provides software systems leadership and perspective to cross-organization projects, programs, and activities.
- Drives innovation and integration of new technologies into projects and activities in the software systems design organization.
- Provides guidance and mentoring to less- experienced staff members.
- Installs and configures operating systems and other software and routinely test installed software for glitch detection and other issues.
Education and Experience Required:
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or equivalent.
- Typically 7-10 years of relevant experience.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Extensive experience with Linux platform design (CENTOS preferred)
- Integrating software systems running on multiple platform types into overall architecture.
- Experience with platform design at scale in a SaaS environment (hardware choice, drive layout, filesystem etc.)
- Experience with virtualization hypervisors and/or containerization (ideally KVM and Docker)
- Extensive experience with multiple software systems design tools and languages (Python, Java preferred)
- Experience in overall architecture of software systems for products and solutions including evaluating different technology options and tuning and scaling Java-based application servers.
- Experience designing and implementing High Availability and Disaster Recovery solutions.
- OpenStack experience preferred.
- Experience with Git and CI/CD tools (Jenkins, GitHub, etc) preferred.
- Configuration Management (SaltStack) experience preferred.
- Evaluating forms and processes for software systems testing and methodology, including writing and execution of test plans, debugging, and testing scripts and tools.
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; mastery in English and local language. Ability to effectively communicate product architectures, design proposals and negotiate options at senior management levels.
#LI-GC2Micro Focus is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Prospective employees will receive consideration without discrimination because of race, colour, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, genetic information, citizenship or any other legally protected status.
Micro Focus Named a Leader in IDC MarketScape: Worldwide Enterprise Automated Software Quality 2017-2018 Vendor Assessment
Broad and deep portfolio of products for ASQ and DevOps drive position
Micro Focus Delivers Comprehensive, Integrated Data Protection for HPE ProLiant for Microsoft Azure Stack
Seamless Protection for Corporate Data Spanning Hybrid Cloud Deployments; Simplifies Backup and Restore Process
- Viewed jobs
- Featured jobs
- Saved jobs
Sorry, you do not have any saved jobs.