Sr. System Engineer
Primary Location: Pleasanton, CaliforniaJob ID 7004982
Software Engineers are responsible for developing, modifying, designing, and testing of products, software, systems or process. Our products and systems are created with the intent to bridge the gap between existing and emerging IT—fast-tracking digital transformations across DevOps, HybridIT, Security, and Predictive Analytics. Our talented teams thrive on turning ideas into solutions that solve our customer's most complex enterprise-scale challenges. If you thrive on contributing to the next generation technology evolution, then we’re looking for innovators like you!
- Level: Mid
- Travel: Minimal
What makes a successful Software Engineer at Micro Focus? Check out the top traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix. Additional related traits listed below.
- Problem Solver
- Results Driven
- Team Player
- Technologically Savvy
Paid Time Off
Life and Disability Insurance
Senior Systems Engineer
At Micro Focus, everything we do is based on a simple idea: The fastest way to get results is to build on what you have. Our software solutions enable organizations to do just that. Secure and scalable, with analytics built in, they bridge the gap between existing and emerging IT—fast-tracking digital transformations across DevOps, Hybrid IT, Security, and Predictive Analytics. In the race to innovate, Micro Focus customers have the clear advantage.
Our portfolio spans the following areas:
DevOps | IT Operations| Cloud | Security | Info Governance | Big Data, Machine Learning, & Analytics
About the role:
• Act as technical expert in the Digital Safe Operations team responsible for maintaining and supporting the digital safe environment including performing upgrades, configuring systems, monitoring, troubleshooting, and providing proactive solutions to problems.
• Must be able to work on a variety of systems covering a complex assortment of software and hardware configurations.
• Evaluate systems components, systems software, networking infrastructure and hardware peripherals for reliability, performance, scalability and security.
• Analyze and tune systems for performance, throughput, resource utilization, high availability, and scalability.
• May be involved with data restoration projects using enterprise level data protection products such as TSM, Netbackup, BackupExec, and Legato Networker.
• May be involved with database management and administration using PostgreSQLand/or MySQL and elasticsearch.
• Document and publish installation, configuration, operational and troubleshooting procedures for use by support personnel.
• Assist in departmental planning by making specific recommendations for improvement in the areas of performance, resource utilization, high availability, scalability, systems management and operations.
• Work with other departments within the organization to meet company wide goals.
• BS degree in Computer Science or Computer Engineering
• Must have at least 7 years systems administration experience managing Unix systems (Linux, Solaris, AIX, etc.), preferably Linux
• Experience with Xen and/or KVM virtualization technology. Hands on experience with networking technologies and protocols such as TCP/IP, UDP, DNS, DHCP, ipvadsm, iptables, haproxy, keepalivd
• Should have experience administering a relational database or hands on experience with SQL (DB2, MySql, PostgreSQL, Oracle).
• Experience with elasticsearch a huge plus.
• Experience with Perl, PHP, software development (Java,C,C++)and shell scripting
• Experience with email technologies (Exchange, Notes, sendmail, postfix, Apache James).
• Familiarity with messaging protocols and standards such as SMTP, RFC2821, RFC2822 is a plus.
• Experience related to disaster recovery, business continuity, backup systems, tape libraries, SAN, and NAS knowledge is a plus.
#LI-GC2Micro Focus is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Prospective employees will receive consideration without discrimination because of race, colour, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, genetic information, citizenship or any other legally protected status.
Micro Focus Named a Leader in IDC MarketScape: Worldwide Enterprise Automated Software Quality 2017-2018 Vendor Assessment
Broad and deep portfolio of products for ASQ and DevOps drive position
Micro Focus Delivers Comprehensive, Integrated Data Protection for HPE ProLiant for Microsoft Azure Stack
Seamless Protection for Corporate Data Spanning Hybrid Cloud Deployments; Simplifies Backup and Restore Process
- Viewed jobs
- Featured jobs
- Saved jobs
Sorry, you do not have any saved jobs.