1st Line Support EngineerJob ID 2019477 Date posted 12/10/2018 Location Provo, Utah, United States
1st Line Support Engineer
This is an entry level position into the Micro Focus Global Customer Care organization.
For an ambitious, self motivated, computer literate person with excellent people skills, this provides an opportunity to join a Customer Care team supporting customers in Global 2000 companies utilizing the Micro Focus technologies.
The role of the 1st Line Support Engineer within Micro Focus is to provide front-line technical support across our wide product range. The position provides a great deal of variety ranging from direct office-based e-mail and telephone support.
Extensive training will be given in Micro Focus products and in Customer Support best practice. You will be backed up by a world class support team, and a designated mentor. The skills acquired will cover the broadest spectrum of current industry leaders, from UNIX to Windows, from Mainframe to the Internet, and the training given and the skills you already possess will equip you for this very challenging position with real opportunities to progress within the Micro Focus organization.
What's important is your feel for the business, and your will to apply yourself to our business. You'll need common sense and judgment combined with a lot of energy. If you have what it takes to work in a challenging, customer focused environment then we would like to hear from you.
The 1st Line Support Engineer is responsible for:
- Evening shift and weekend working pattern
- Post-sales phone and web based 1st line technical support
- Perform problem determination, and escalate to 2nd Line support as required.
- Retain responsibility for calls that you have taken and proactively manage their resolution.
- License key exception handling.
- Customer Care administration tasks as they arise.
- Involvement in proactive outbound customer contact programs.
Education and Experience:
- Associates Degree or comparable certificate in Computing, or relevant experience
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Skills and Knowledge:
- Ability to organize and establish priorities.
- Team player with an ability to work in a flexible manner.
- Good market awareness of the IT industry.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Windows and Office applications.
- Viewed jobs
- Featured jobs
- Saved jobs
Sorry, you do not have any saved jobs.