Our Professional Services organization is responsible for creating demand for our Software solutions through our consulting and advisory offerings; unlocking the value and maximizing the business return for our customers; and providing services that extend the usable life of our technology.
- Level: Mid
- Travel: Minimal
What makes a successful Professional Service Provider at Micro Focus? Check out the top traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix. Additional related traits listed below.
- Technologically Savvy
Paid Time Off
Life and Disability Insurance
Security Support Engineer
As a Security Technical Support Engineer on the Fortify team at Micro Focus, you will join an industry-leading organization in customer service and support, becoming engaged in the most advanced total customer experience excellence practices. You will solve various technical customer issues and answer service, product, technical, and customer relationship questions received through various customer support communication channels such us telephone, email, e-chat and ticketing system. You will also have the opportunity to collaborate across teams to drive improvements in achieving high levels of customer satisfaction.
Fortify Application Security Support Engineer will:
- Troubleshoot and assist customers on product issues via email, telephone, CRM and remote session
- Analyze, diagnose, and resolve complex technical issues related to Fortify products in multi-tiered application environments using logs, reproduction, technical documentation and know-how.
- Perform static and dynamic application security testing with Fortify tools
- Proactively assist to avoid or reduce problem occurrence
- Keep detailed log of all customer interactions in case management tools
- Collaborate with cross functional teams to resolve customer issues, advocate product enhancements, bug fixes, provide feedback on important features, product gaps and supportability matters
- Develop, document, and publish best practice methods, knowledge base articles and solutions
- Potential to participate in after hours or holiday emergency on call
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or related fields, or equivalent experience
- 3-5 years of working experience in relevant technologies and customer environments
Knowledge and Skills:
- Technical knowledge in security engineering, system and network security protocols, authentication and security protocols and system development life cycle
- Experience with supporting OS (primarily Windows; Linux), application servers (Apache Tomcat, IIS, WebSphere)
- Experience with database technologies such as MySQL, MS SQL, Oracle and SQL queries
- Knowledge of network and web related protocols (e.g. TCP/IP, LDAP, HTTP, HTTPS), firewalls, proxies, web servers
- Experience with SOAP, REST, WSDL, XML, JSON
- Familiar with vulnerabilities and weaknesses related to OWASP Top 10
- Experience with vulnerability scanning tools
- Background or experience in object-oriented software development
- Background or experience in application security (SAST, DAST)
- Security certifications (CEH, CISSP, etc.)
- Up-to-date on latest security regulations, alerts and vulnerabilities
If you want to be part of what's next and find out more about our available opportunities, visit Micro Focus Careers.
Micro Focus is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Prospective employees will receive consideration without discrimination because of race, colour, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, genetic information, citizenship or any other legally protected status.
Micro Focus Enables Modernization of Core Business Systems to Capture Incremental Value and Drive Business Transformation
Application Modernization and Connectivity (AMC) Portfolio Helps Customers Lower Cost, Improve Speed and Gives IT Flexibility to Future-Proof Investments
Micro Focus Launches New Data Protection Solutions for Virtualized and Hybrid IT Environment
Data Protector Express for Virtualized Environments and Data Protector Premium for Physical, Virtual, and Multi-cloud Workloads Improve Overall TCO for Customer
- Viewed jobs
- Featured jobs
- Saved jobs
Sorry, you do not have any saved jobs.