Our Professional Services organization is responsible for creating demand for our Software solutions through our consulting and advisory offerings; unlocking the value and maximizing the business return for our customers; and providing services that extend the usable life of our technology.
- Level: Mid
- Travel: Minimal
What makes a successful Professional Service Provider at Micro Focus? Check out the top traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix. Additional related traits listed below.
- Technologically Savvy
Paid Time Off
Life and Disability Insurance
Security Support Engineer
The Security Support Engineer is responsible for technical support delivery services to both internal and external customers of Micro Focus Voltage products. This role processes all technical inquiries and issues for the Micro Focus Voltage software products, adhering to the established processes, ensuring the recording, the investigation, and the resolution of customer service requests.
The Voltage Security Support Engineer
- Acts as a technical leader within the area of technical expertise, providing technical assistance and active support of the Voltage security software products, applying developed expertise and knowledge to solve common/complex software issues, functioning as a “subject matter expert” from incidents elevated to “back line” support.
- Successfully respond to service, product, technical, and customer relations inquiries on subjects like features, specifications, and repairs on Voltage software products using email, phone, CRM, and/or web conferencing.
- Troubleshoot, analyze, and resolve complex product issues in a multi-tiered application environment, delivering quality technical support and consultation to end customers within the context of maintaining the Production environment.
- Have the ability conduct root cause analysis in order to pinpoint the underlying causes of software issues.
- Collaborate closely with team members from support, engineering and product management to resolve customer issues, advocate product enhancements, bug fixes, provide feedback on important features, product gaps and supportability matters.
- Mentor, train, and coach upcoming, lower level support engineers. Perform case review and analysis, using the lessons learned to train lower level support engineers.
- Monitor support service request queue, and assign support cases as necessary to junior support engineers.
- Develop, document, and publish best practice methods, technical white papers, knowledge base articles and solutions. Advocate, oversee, and drive the maintenance of the product knowledge base.
- Participate in On-call technical support during weekend and US holidays
Education and Experience:
- 3-5 years of relevant experience in a technology role / technical customer support role.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or related fields from an accredited university
Skills and Knowledge:
- Basic knowledge of Windows Server and Linux OS operations
- Basic knowledge of Web servers (Apache) and application servers (Tomcat/Jboss)
- Basic knowledge of encryption technologies (PKI, symmetric, asymmetric)
- Basic knowledge of encryption methodologies such as AES, 3DES encryption key algorithms
- Working knowledge of network security solutions such as network firewalls, SSL/TLS, LDAP, TCP/IP, HTTP, HTTPS
- Familiarity with XML, SQL, and Java programming
- These qualifications are a plus, but not required: CISSP and/or CEH certified, familiarity with CVE vulnerabilities and weaknesses, web services (REST, SOAP, WDSL, JSON,) familiarity with Cloud platforms (i.e. AWS, AZURE, Google Apps) and Big Data platforms and concepts (Hadoop, Cloudera, Teradata) and Containerization (i.e. Docker)
If you want to be part of what's next and find out more about our available opportunities, visit Micro Focus Careers.
#LI-SD1Micro Focus is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Prospective employees will receive consideration without discrimination because of race, colour, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, genetic information, citizenship or any other legally protected status.
Micro Focus Enables Modernization of Core Business Systems to Capture Incremental Value and Drive Business Transformation
Application Modernization and Connectivity (AMC) Portfolio Helps Customers Lower Cost, Improve Speed and Gives IT Flexibility to Future-Proof Investments
Micro Focus Launches New Data Protection Solutions for Virtualized and Hybrid IT Environment
Data Protector Express for Virtualized Environments and Data Protector Premium for Physical, Virtual, and Multi-cloud Workloads Improve Overall TCO for Customer
- Viewed jobs
- Featured jobs
- Saved jobs
Sorry, you do not have any saved jobs.