Technical Account ManagerApply Job ID 1002539 Date posted 01/05/2018 Location Cambridge, Massachusetts, United States Schedule Full time Shift No shift premium (United States of America)
Discover the new Micro Focus – now the world’s 7th largest pure-play software company. By combining HPE Software and Micro Focus offerings, we have built a brand new company with a stronger, bigger portfolio that delivers customer-centered innovation. We are now uniquely positioned to help enterprise customers solve their most pressing business problems and operate in the Hybrid environment—from mainframe to mobile to cloud.
Our portfolio spans the following areas:
DevOps | IT Operations| Cloud | Security | Info Governance | Big Data, Machine Learning, & Analytics
Take charge of your future and join our dynamic, motivated Digital Safe team as we go to market with a best-in-class portfolio that will help shape the world’s software landscape. #discoverthenew
About the Role
Micro Focus’s Digital Safe Business Unit is looking to fill a Technical Account Manager (TAM) position within their Archiving and Compliance delivery organization. The TAM manages the SaaS technical solution for high profile, strategic financial services customer(s) including ensuring the highest levels of availability and best-in-class service.
Reporting to Director Customer Success and Transformation, the TAM is accountable for customer satisfaction with respect to the overall technical solution and the services/support provided. Critical responsibilities include fast issue resolution, communications on the technical solution, driving the customer to the reference architecture, interfacing with senior client and internal Micro Focus executives, aiding sales in business development opportunities, governance of the account, handling critical escalations, and more listed in detail below. TAM will be working alongside customer success team who manage the business relationship with the clients.
Micro Focus is looking primarily for aptitude, and encourages applications from individuals with limited commercial experience. The successful candidate will have a unique opportunity to work alongside and be mentored by Micro Focus executives to ensure they are able to fulfill their potential in this role.
- Take ownership of the technical elements of the account(s), accelerating towards customer requirements and exceeding expectations through efficient use of internal resources;
- Presentation to customers of technical information;
- Technical oversight of the solution and its implementation, including all the applications in the suite and all related technical projects that may be occurring throughout the life of the engagement;
- Apply advanced technical and business knowledge to assist in solving application issues that are critical or high-risk;
- Detailed analysis of technical issues and information, using both solution and general technical knowledge to drive analysis towards a successful conclusion.
- Continuously, holistically analyzing the technical solution, diagnosing issues across the suite and engaging with relevant development teams to suggest proactive improvement in line with the changing needs of the customer(s);
- Leads and directs internal organizations to deliver on solutions complex technical issues;
- Liaisons with problem management, development and product management teams to come up with long term solutions for customer issues;
- Act as a facilitator and interface with customer engineering teams, project managers, compliance, legal services, operations and equivalent internal departments to ensure the success of the client's program;
- Keep up-to-date with industry standard best practices for administration, monitoring, deployment and systems management for high-availability, mission-critical systems;
- Accountable for customer satisfaction with respect to technical engagement and troubleshooting;
- Significant contributor to the development of long-term strategic account plan.
- Looking for technical and business acumen combination who can accurately capture requirements not just of the immediate technical objective, but the longer term strategic and tactical objective(s).'
Education and Experience Required
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or other scientific or engineering discipline.
- 10+ years’ combined experience in commercial environment systems administration and technical account management
- Linux, Networking, E-mail technology experience is desirable.
- Desirable to have track record in leading virtual teams for technical solutions
- Calm, collected and able to work effectively in a fast-paced, challenging and exciting environment
- Willingness to travel 10-20% of the time, as required.
Location: Cambridge, Massachusetts
If you want to be part of what's next and find out more about our available opportunities, visit Micro Focus Careers.