Sr. Software QA EngineerApply Job ID 7002609 Date posted 01/17/2018 Location Sunnyvale, California, United States Schedule Full time Shift No shift premium (United States of America)
At Micro Focus, everything we do is based on a simple idea: The fastest way to get results is to build on what you have. Our software solutions enable organizations to do just that. Secure and scalable, with analytics built in, they bridge the gap between existing and emerging IT—fast-tracking digital transformations across DevOps, Hybrid IT, Security, and Predictive Analytics. In the race to innovate, Micro Focus customers have the clear advantage.
Our portfolio spans the following areas:
DevOps | IT Operations| Cloud | Security | Info Governance | Big Data, Machine Learning, & Analytics
About the Role
Micro Focus is seeking an energetic, self-driven SW QA Engineer. Responsibilities include analyzing APIs to determine test coverage requirements; writing test plans, implementing tests, running them and working with development to analyze and fix problems. Another very important aspect of this position is automation; all tests must run under Continuous Integration in a wide variety of environments (Linux/Unix, Windows, etc).
- Work with developers to understand new features and new APIs, in order to ensure complete test coverage.
- Write test plans, implement and debug tests, run and automate tests. Our APIs are in C, Java, and C#, so knowledge of at least one of those languages is required.
- Analyze test failures and work with development to understand root causes.
- Write test automation for CI. We use Robot Framework and Jenkins, so knowledge of those is a big plus. RF is in Python, so Python experience is also a plus.
- Coordinate with offshore team responsible for running CI and ensuring everything is running smoothly.
- Assist in completing product releases, running release checklists, etc.
- Work with other teams on cross-team issues
- Write and maintain internal documentation for the test and automation infrastructure
- Take a lead role in improving and modernizing test automation and CI. Knowledge of Puppet/Chef/Ansible (especially Ansible) is a plus.
- Drives innovation and integration of new technologies into projects and activities in the software quality assurance organization.
- Provides guidance and mentoring to less- experienced staff members.
Education and Experience Required:
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or equivalent.
- Typically 6-10 years experience.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Must have ability to demonstrate strong coding experience in C/C++, Java, and/or C#. Python and scripting languages is a plus.
- Must have testing experience in these areas: server/client relationship, API, command line interface, load test, and stress testing
- Must have experience in automation and automation frameworks such as Robot Framework.
- Must have experience with Linux and Microsoft environments
- Experience in security - encryption, decryption, and various algorithms is a plus. Knowledge in cryptography and certificates is a plus.
- Experience with continuous integration tools such as Jenkins
- Prefer Hardware Security Module (HSM) software testing experience.
- Fast learner, strong ability to apply analytical, statistical, and problem solving skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills, ability to multi-task.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; ability to effectively communicate quality architectures, plans, proposals, and results.