ITOM Sales Representative
Primary Location: Tokyo, TokyoJob ID 7005714
Take charge of your future and join our dynamic, motivated sales team as we go to market with a best-in-class portfolio that will help shape the world’s software landscape. Field Sales Account Specialists determine the long-term strategic view and vision of each account. You will drive the sales pursuit across our portfolio of market leading customers who look to Micro Focus Software solutions to bridge their old and new technologies to solve strategic business issues.
- Full Time
- Level: Mid
- Travel: Yes (frequent)
What makes a successful Field Sales Account Specialist at Micro Focus? Check out the top traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix. Additional related traits listed below.
- Relationship expertise
- Results Driven
- Problem Solver
Paid Time Off
Work Life Balance
Employee Stock Purchase Plan
At Micro Focus, everything we do is based on a simple idea: The fastest way to get results is to build on what you have. Our software solutions enable organizations to do just that. Secure and scalable, with analytics built in, they bridge the gap between existing and emerging IT—fast-tracking digital transformations across DevOps, Hybrid IT, Security, and Predictive Analytics. In the race to innovate, Micro Focus customers have the clear advantage. Our portfolio spans the following areas: DevOps | IT Operations| Cloud | Security | Info Governance | Big Data, Machine Learning, & Analytics
Sales Specialists & Consultants are product, services, software or solution specialists that are responsible for leading pursuit in their assigned focus areas. Collaborates with and supports Account Managers and provides specialist expertise within the sales team. Drives proactive campaigns to build the pipeline, uses specialized knowledge and skills to prospect, qualify, negotiate and close opportunities. May have named accounts allocated, cover a designated geography, or may be allocated to one high-potential, competitive attack account.
- Seek out new opportunities and expands and enhances existing opportunities to build and manage the pipeline in specialty area.
- Maintains knowledge of competitors in account to strategically position the company's products and services better.
- Develop pursuit plans and manage the pipeline to ensure alignment with account managers.
- Establish a professional, working, and consultative, relationship with the client, by developing a core understanding of the unique business needs of the client within their industry.
- Contributes to proposal development, negotiations and deal closings.
- Work closely with and supports account manager, providing technical expertise and support, and participating in client engagements up to C- level engagements for more complex solutions in smaller accounts.
- May focus on growing contractual renewals for mid size accounts with some complexity, to higher-total contract- value renewals.
- Interface with both internal and external/industry experts to anticipate customer needs and facilitate solutions development.Build sales readiness and reduce client learning curve through effective knowledge transfer in area of specialization.
Education and Experience Required:
- University or Bachelor's degree preferred.Directly related previous work experience.
- Demonstrated success in achieving progressively higher quota.
- Extensive vertical industry knowledge required.
- Typically 5-8 years advanced sales experience required.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Deep knowledge of products, solution or service offerings as well as competitor's offerings, to be able to sell expansive systems or services and attached products.
- Understands the industry and market segment in which key accounts are situated, and integrates this knowledge into consultative selling.
- Understands the role of IT within area of specialization and how the company's solutions differentially address specific vertical industry challenges as well as their cross-segment capabilities.
- Negotiates and drives deals to ensure successful closes and high win rate.
- Broad understanding of the customer needs; applies standard as well as creative solutions to meet those needs.
- Uses client engagement skills in collaboration with account leads to propose expansive systems or service solutions to client.
- Leadership and initiative in successfully driving specialty sales in accounts - prospecting, negotiating and closing deals.
- Translate product knowledge into customer's added business value.
- Uses specialty knowledge to actively prospects within accounts to discover or cultivate sales opportunities.
- Conceptualizes and articulates well-targeted solutions in area of technical specialty -- from proposal to contract sign-off
- Ability to take a deal through the sales cycle including closing or supporting the close of a deal.
- Demonstrates high service knowledge and professionalism in researching and sharing service- related information with account teams and customers.
- Understand the channel and work an effective plan to increase sales with our partners.
- Regular use of Siebel updating deal profile and forecasting accurately.
- Understands services as part of strategic product sales.
- Good prioritization and delegation skills in order to focus on the key client opportunities. Knowledge of industry trends, associated solutions, and key partner/ISV solutions.
ERP points: 2500 points
Micro Focus is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Prospective employees will receive consideration without discrimination because of race, colour, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, genetic information, citizenship or any other legally protected status.
Micro Focus Named a Leader in Gartner’s 2018 Magic Quadrant for Application Security Testing
Company Assessment Based on its Ability to Execute and Completeness of Vision
Meeting the Challenges of Change – the Micro Focus Timeline
It's a fast moving world, standing still is a step backwards and evolution is about keeping pace with change. The Micro Focus strategy of evolution through selective acquisitions, ensures we will continue to enable our customers to meet the Challenges of Change.
- Viewed jobs
- Featured jobs
- Saved jobs
Sorry, you do not have any saved jobs.