Business Development Rep (BDR) - BorlandApply Job ID 2016930 Date posted 07/06/2017 Location Troy, Michigan Other Locations 309503
Micro Focus is seeking individuals who are innovative, creative, hungry, and eager to exceed goals and customer expectations in the role of Business Development Representative (BDR). Responsibilities of the BDR include driving sales growth by finding and engaging qualified prospects via phone and email. You will be responsible to build a pipeline and execute on early stages of the sales process. Selling and promoting our offerings to our existing customers and prospects, this role will provide a candidate with the ideal starting opportunity to learn our solutions and begin a successful sales career with opportunity to progress within a large and dynamic software solutions provider.
If you have a passion for great customer service, sales, and solid time management skills to juggle all the diverse customers, orders, quotes, and product inquiries that will come your way, then this is the position for you.
- Focus on research and building a pipeline
- Prospecting across various geographic territories to discover new opportunities
- Gathering and analyzing data to improve win ratio
- Supports development of customer relationships
- Assists with data and analysis for planning
- Assists with formulating negotiation points
- Defines problems and helps develop solutions
- Assists others in revenue generation
- Identify, nurture and work with sales team to close opportunities with both new and existing customers
- Manage sales programs on a quarterly and annual basis
- Work closely with internal and external partners to improve the pace of business and create solutions to best serve customer needs
- Develop and maintain a strong working knowledge of Micro Focus technologies and solutions
- Interface with customer prospects. Provide product information and appropriate follow-up
- Coordinate marketing campaigns between marketing teams and sales teams that address customer needs
- Create demand for products and services through focused call campaigns
- Monitor leads from multiple online sources
- BS/BA in business or related field
- Previous cold calling experienceResults driven & demonstrates a passion / personal cadence for success
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Outstanding time management & follow through/follow up skills
The Unique Value of Micro Focus
At Micro Focus we provide our customers with a best-in-class portfolio of enterprise-grade scalable software with analytics built in. We put customers at the center of our innovation and build high quality products that our teams can be proud of.
Through our breadth of solutions, we are uniquely positioned to help our customers solve business problems and deliver against the needs and opportunities of Hybrid IT, from mainframe to mobile to cloud. We’re a pure-play software company –we have a level of focus that other technology companies don’t have, we are designed from the ground up to build, sell and support software.
We also have the strong operational foundation, proven over a combined 40 years of experience, to deliver on our commitments to our customers. Our scale is global—we have the reach and the capabilities to support customers in a global market. We are the 7th largest software company in the world, and the largest technology company listed on the FTSE. With 4,000 employees working on R&D, we can focus on innovating in solving the most complex technology problems for customers.
At its heart, Hybrid IT is about letting customers choose what’s right for them, without the need to compromise. Our job is to help them, and to enable that hybrid model to bridge the old and the new to maximize the value of existing investments.
Micro Focus is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Prospective employees will receive consideration without discrimination because of race, colour, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected status.
We have been made aware of people posing as Micro Focus recruiters or part of the Human Resources team and making contact about job opportunities and extending job offers via text message, instant message or chat rooms. These job postings and offers are fraudulent and these people are in no way affiliated with Micro Focus. Read More